• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 13,626
Status
Not open for further replies.

parambyte

ISP
Hathway
The good thing is when you connect, it shows a disc image of a Mac installer. The bad thing is, the Mac installer is for a 32 bit OS, and Snow Leopard is 64 bit. Of course you can boot in 32 bit mode by pressing 3+2 when booting, but that isnt a good solution.

I cracked it and installed a 64 bit Mac driver from Huawei after a lot of searching around. Here is how I did it.

Hi,thanks for this link.I also got same problem on Snow Leopard and it crashes my Reliance NetConnect device on new os.I am going to try your solution.Thanks.

I'm running OSX 10.6.7 on a MBP 13", and I can't seem to get the dialer to connect, it just tries and then disconnects. However, I did manage to get it to connect directly through Network Preferences in System Preferences. I manage to squeeze out around 260 kbps in the best conditions. Called up Reliance Tech Team regarding this, and they said my OSX version was too new, and the modem firmware was old (although I bought it just yesterday).Solution proposed by them: Open the dialer, change the mode to Broadband+ (as opposed to Hybrid), and then connect using Network Preferences. -> This did not change the speed in any way.Second solution proposed by them: Take USB modem/stick to a service center of theirs and get the firmware updated -> Might consider this as the last resort.Any solutions - either some technique/driver or a way to update the modem firmware myself?

Update to my last post: The dialer is now working on OSX 10.6.7 - I went into the settings (from the dialer) and checked "CHAP" Authentication, this caused it to connect. Image of settings below.

However, problems still faced are:
1. Unable to achieve broadband speeds even though the connection speed is 3.1 Mbps. (Source: speedtest.net)
2. Dialer app keeps crashing after around 10 minutes of use - Internet remains connection though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back