• Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 21,315
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not launched yet.....
March 17, 2009 is d launch date.
Source::
The Hindu : Business : RCom offers fastest broadband service

This sounds great.....but will they be able to provide the said speed?
And intital investment seems to be on d expensive side....3500bucks....with this it seems its gonna be tough achieving the sales targets as dreamt.

"We are targeting two major segments — about six million road warriors who need Internet access on the move through their laptops and about eight million home PC users who access entertainment and educational purposes.”
Interesting statistics; the gap is narrowing.

and then we would tell them what to do and what not to do with their broadband connection. checking email would be fine. but doing anything more data intensive? THAT IS UNFAIR.

all data cards are sold at absurd rates in the beginning.

I think if they provide datacards on monthly rental basis then may be they'll get more customers.

they do not usually go for rentals because they like to make money by selling ultra cheap modems (actual cost) at a high price. once the customer has paid the high price, he is going to stick with you for a longer period. just like DTH... since you pay for a locked STB, you have to think twice before considering moving to a rival service provider.

I have booked my own Netconnect BB+ :cool2:
Plan: Broadband+ 2.5 GB Plan
Rental: Rs.850
Monthly usage: 2.5 GB

Will share some snaps with you later.. ;)

It is just too costly. I have read in economic times that they have ordered around 1 million USB modems from some company in china. Per piece for around 300/- Rs. Reliance thinks indians are idiot and they can easily rip us off. the cost should not be more than 500 Rs for modem and 1000 bucks for unlimited download plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back