Reliance Wimax Broadband: reliance wimax launched in pune?

• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 27,929
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Reliance WiMax worked well only for 2-3 days after the engineers changed the direction of the dish to another tower. Now it takes anywhere between 30 minutes to 2-3 hours to get connected and some times I don't even get the connection. Their help-desk is useless as nobody ever comes from their side. Last time also the dealer's engineers had come. The connection is not working now. Let us see when it will start again.Rahul.

Thats bad.. I was counting on WiMax to solve last mile problems. Hope these are initial hiccups that will be solved soon.

After bugging the dealer as well as Reliance help desk for over three weeks, they have changed my antennae. They could not understand the problem even at their main control office in Mumbai. Now the connection is working okay for the last two days. Let us see how long it works.Rahul.

I'm using it from approx. 1 week, till now I haven't faced any problem. hopefully situation remains the same. But with Reliance Broadnet (Wi-Max) you cannot modify firmware of your modem & things like port forwarding & all coz......................You don't have modem !!!! ;)

It is nice to hear that it is working at some place. At my place it is now working for about four days without a problem. I can only be satisfied when it works even if it is raining. Rahul.

My connection is again having problem since day before yesterday (coincidentally the rain has started again at the same time). I can't get the ip for about two days now and the Reliance help desk has not sent anybody. Let us see when the problem gets fixed. Last time it took three weeks.Rahul.Just now my wife called Reliance help-desk to check the status of the complaint. The "expert" call center guy again asked her to do all the necessary steps. Later on he told here we can't register the complaint before those steps. Once the steps were finished and still we couldn't get ip. The "expert" told it is your operating system's fault so reformat and reinstall the system and then call. :yahoo:I am speechless. What can I say about Reliance Wi-Max and its support mechanism. May be only that it is unreliable Reliance. Next time I am expecting to get the answer that "please change the hardware if you have not bought the PC in the last week".:wall:Rahul.

Wow, incompetent little pricks! And the Reliance bosses are just greedy little wankers.I think it's too early for WiMAX. Got to wait until the technology matures so that we don't face problems like poor signals during the rain etc.

I am also facing the same problem with Reliance WiMax. The connection is quite erratic, at times it works quite smoothly but at times it just dosent get a IP for hours together. I tried calling up the helpdesk but as all most of us here have experienced they are crap. Also the sales guys dont really understand what and where is the problem. Have any of you manged to resolve this problem when one just cant get an IP. if so please let me know the solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back