Reliance Wimax Broadband: reliance wimax launched in pune?

• Thread starter Thread starter meaculpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 27,929
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am facing the same problem for now a month excluding few lucky days but Reliance has no answer for that. Even their main control center doesn't know what is the problem. I think may be they just don't allow you to get ip address if you are connected for too much time or if you have downloaded certain amount of data. Especially when you have unlimited connection. I am not sure but Tata does this kind of automatic disconnection. Let us see how many people get this problem.Rahul.

The connection is not working again for the last two days. It is raining for the last two days. Reliance engineer had called me once the connection started working last time and informed me that there was some problem in the ip distribution code so you were not getting an ip. Now there shouldn't be any problem. The connection worked for 4-5 days when the weather was fine. Let us see when it starts working again. What is the experience of other users?Rahul.

I have a sneaky feeling this is not WiMAX technology, some older/crappy microwave/wireless tech which Reliance is calling WiMAX for hype/marketing purposes...I doubt WiMAX tech should suffer from the effects of rain... unless this is some old revision of the tech.

Today Reliance call center told that there is a problem on their side and it will be rectified soon. So may be it is not because of rain. Rahul.

maybe the call center people are scamming you :)

I am facing the same problem for now a month excluding few lucky days but Reliance has no answer for that. Even their main control center doesn't know what is the problem. I think may be they just don't allow you to get ip address if you are connected for too much time or if you have downloaded certain amount of data. Especially when you have unlimited connection. I am not sure but Tata does this kind of automatic disconnection. Let us see how many people get this problem.

Rahul.

I have been using Reliance wi-max since last month, logically i have it installed last month but it has worked only for 10 days. The Ccustomer care guys only know 2 commands {ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew} The service sucks...
If any one planning to take it, please dont keep any high hopes...and be ready to loose your installation money....

I think Reliance people themselves are not sure about how to solve the problems. My connection started working yesterday afternoon after a gap of 2 days, without any changes from my side. I just tried those two magical commands for 4 hours continuously and I got connected. There is some big problem in their software.Rahul.

:Phello all.,i have registered today for reliance wimax 150 line unlimited acceess.,750/-pls. tell me what speed u getting in torrent downloads.,?also i asked for demo of the connection and da guy [head] gave me @ their place.,the downloading speed was 30 kbps using DAP., constant.,.,so i thought i should try.,lets see whats happens., they r coming tomorrow for installation.,also he tld me they r the partner of reliance....named AIRNET..also he told me i cant use it on linux may be he doesnt know tot conigure it.,ne body here tried this connection in linux., pls reply. -i am in hadapsar area.,

Hi again,Just for your information. The connection was working fine for exactly one week, again I am having the same problem with getting ip for a day. Now I am waiting for Reliance engineer. Rahul.

Deleted member 2914, get it installed on Windows. We'll then see how to get it to work on Linux :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back