Reliance Wireline in Mumbai - Switching from tata

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightofhell

ISP
Tata
Hello,I have been a tata broadband wireline customer for 2 years. Now it has been 2 weeks of constant disconnections. I called tata customer service and they came every day but failed to fix the problem. In command prompt they ping some server and it sends and recieves packets but VERY frequently it keeps saying Request timed out. This disconnects me from online play (im a gamer so i need something stable) Yesterday they had said that 3-5 lines of request timed out is fine and tried convincing me its okay. He said that they dont know what the problem is. My only solution was to switch over ISP and get a new connection.So that brings me here.Just had a few questions. 1) How stable is Reliance wireline 2mbps unlimited plan?2) Does the web page login have a timed session? can you set it? Perhaps to greater than 3-4 hours atleast so i dont get Disconnected during play3) Is it possible to use a router that supports wireless so my parents can use wireless on their laptop as well?Thanks for reading this long post and appreciate feedback. Stay away from tata as well since half the technicians dont know their job.

I know one thing for sure: Reliance broadband has THE best (lowest) ping times to US/Europe thanks to nice routing.

Hello,.

Just had a few questions.

1) How stable is Reliance wireline 2mbps unlimited plan?
2) Does the web page login have a timed session? can you set it? Perhaps to greater than 3-4 hours atleast so i dont get Disconnected during play
3) Is it possible to use a router that supports wireless so my parents can use wireless on their laptop as well?

Thanks for reading this long post and appreciate feedback. Stay away from tata as well since half the technicians dont know their job.

1) I have a 1 Mbps connection its pretty stable, its a ADSL connection for me as you are in Mumbai you should get via Metro Ethernet which should be better.

2) the web page will log you out after every 24 hrs

3) I am using a router and it works without issue, I also game on the PS3 and use the connection via WiFi using my router no problems.

I had used reliance wired metro ethernet 2mbps connection and the speeds that i was getting were more than 2 mbps...stability was average...but internet experience was better than mtnl....sadly i had to throw it out bcoz of wrong and excessive billing....

what type of technology they use for Reliance wired line ADSL or Ethernet(Metro)? which one is better for stability and consistent Reliance WiMax or Wired...

if you get the option for Ethernet (Metro) that would be any day better you would get better upload speeds with ADSL you hardly get upload speeds above 1 Mbps, also reliance has some higher speed plans that are only given when you have metro ethernet option.

I am getting a new wired connection 1MBPS Unlimited. I called the call centre, and guy over there tht a executive will be at my place in 7 working days(eeks!) for feseability test, why they take so long? Is their any thing i should ask specifically when joining? There are certain users above talking abt Metro Ethernet. So shall i be telling executive to get me connection Via metro ethernet only? Also, is their any kind of 1sec disconnections OR any DC tht you may be facing. I require pure uninterupted internet as the nature of my work is like that i cant afford DC's at all.

Also, is their any kind of 1sec disconnections OR any DC tht you may be facing. I require pure uninterupted internet as the nature of my work is like that i cant afford DC's at all.

Regarding disconnections that is no the problem the only issue is the login portal, which will come up every 24 hours it auto logs you out every 24 hours, if you have the option of Metro ethernet its better to go with that.

I had used reliance wired metro ethernet 2mbps connection and the speeds that i was getting were more than 2 mbps...stability was average...but internet experience was better than mtnl....sadly i had to throw it out bcoz of wrong and excessive billing....

wrong and excessive billing? please explain.

What is metro Ethernet? Is it related for good upload speed only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back