Reset password for bsnl email id

• Thread starter Thread starter vijaybsnl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 24,619

vijaybsnl

ISP
bsnl
Hi,I read in some post that the portal id to check usage could be in my mailbox. However looks like my BB password is not working when i use it at mail.bsnl.inAny idea how do I reset my email password? Thanks,Vijay

as far as i know,email password is same as broadband password & if you can connect to net using that password then it should also work for the mail.you have to use @bsnl.in in your username.

For some of the newer subscribers the portal id and password are send as registered courier from NIB Bangalore.

However looks like my BB password is not working when i use it at mail.bsnl.in

Any idea how do I reset my email password?
thats what i am pointing to.its not possible because if you can connect to bsnl broadband using the password then it should also work for email.if you want to change your email password you have to change your bsnl password & to do that you need the portal ID.

How does one obtain the portal ID?If in case it has not been given at the time of the connection.:)

Usually in here the guy how comes to setup the broadband connection, will be carrying a sealed envelope which contains the user credentials. But in Kolkota i have seen some cases, in which they were informed that the credentials would be reaching their address as courier from NIB Bangalore.

i believe the whole point is if the username/password is working for bsnl broadband then it must also work for email.

thanks for your quick reply. however my bsnl email id is not working using the same password as broadband. Just to confirm the email id should be the same as the user id of broadband, right?

Also, I don't have the portal id, but my ip address starts from 59.x.x.x. Is there a different way to access the usage data in this case?

Thanks again to all for your quick replies!

i found in another thread that i need to use http://10.240.0.195/webLogin.jsp to check usage statistics (for 59.x.x.x IP address) and it worked ! however still no luck on email front...guess the email id is different than the BB user id?

i believe for old users having IP(59.x.x.x) the link for email site is different from new users(its not mail.bsnl.in)

Back