• Thread starter Thread starter rachit_1804
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 50,066

rachit_1804

Regulars
ISP
Comcast 22 mbps
mtnl garuda announced the ultd. plan of Rs. 299 per month @ 144 kbps is anyone using mtnl garuda's internet?? can someone please post a review on the same..

i might get garuda next month. will write if i do so.

Well i have just got it. Starting with wrong usb drivers for the handset. Old handset searched on internet for 1 hr before getting the drivers. Kinda off slow when started got upto 50Kbps during the day. Average speed at early morning got about 100Kbps. Dial-up ki yaad aati hai surf karte waqt.Cannot match DSL by mtnl:(

299Rs mein yaad to aayegi hee woh bhi jab unlimited dial up ho ;)

i might get garuda next month. will write if i do so.

Hey, did you try Garuda?

Thinking about getting it, gotta upload lots of stuff and TATA Indicom is giving me just 50 - 60 kbps upload speeds.

no. i havent yet applied for it. just waiting for this months MTNL bill. then i wud apply if necessary.

Upload speed on cdma connection sux badly i use to get 48 on tata walky ..... same tech in garuda ... think twice!!

Well i have just got it. Starting with wrong usb drivers for the handset. Old handset searched on internet for 1 hr before getting the drivers. Kinda off slow when started got upto 50Kbps during the day. Average speed at early morning got about 100Kbps.

100kbps is quite acceptable! What phone do you have and what version drivers are you using?

We recently got a Garuda Unltd. Internet @ Rs299/- as a secondary backup connection. The phone is a FWP type Pantech/Hantel HTP-801 w/ Windows XP driver that came with the phone. It does'nt connect faster than 28.8kbps! Any help to remedy this would be appreciated, thanks.

PS: Need Windows Vista driver for the phone too!

does it have LAN port? because i dont think it wud have linux drivers, does it?reliance FWP has LAN port, so hope this has too.

does it have LAN port? because i dont think it wud have linux drivers, does it? reliance FWP has LAN port, so hope this has too.

It doesnt have a RJ-45 (Ethernet) port, the only data port outlet is a cable that goes into a USB port on your computer. No Linux drivers were provided either.

PS: Spoke to MTNL Garuda Customer Service, they say they dont have Vista drivers for the phone and hope to be addressing the speed issues in a month's time as they dont have capacity as of now! :confused:
So, it looks like I'll be cancelling this phone connection. Why do they have to scam people into buying their flop products? If they just offered 144kbps (17KB/s) wireless service for real, I for one wouldnt mind paying upto Rs800/- instead of the scam 299/- for a product that doesnt work! :@

Back