Ridiculously high SNR Margin!!

• Thread starter Thread starter GameTanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,725

GameTanx

ISP
Vortex Netsol
I have NU_849 scheme since Jan 2008. It was working perfectly until last 2 months when it has started disconnecting frequently. My speed was synced to 2048 kbps downstream & 512 kbps upstream. My net was working fine during that time. But now it is synced to 2013 kbps downstream & 511 kbps upstream. Also sometimes the data rate values change & so the speed varies occasionally. The ADSL light keeps blinking. I tried keeping ADSL modulation on G.dmt but it didnt help. Today while checking the ADSL stats i was shocked to see the ridiculously high SNR Margin which u can see in the screenshot

Code:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2qsxfsx.jpg
The SNR Margin generally varies between 8 - 30 but this was once-in-a-blue-moon occasion when it went ridiculously high. How can it ever be so high?
Also give suggestions how to fix the frequent disconnections as G.dmt modulation didnt help.

It's just an error.Your actual SNR is 21. Even I have had the same problem a couple of times.

hey!!..this has to do with your telephone line..when their is some kinda probs with telephone line then modem readjusts itself to the sync rate which it can hold and thus your value changes at times.So, get your line checked from the local lineman.check the splitter too.:)

I have seen such high SNR margin on my ustar modem too. And during that time, line was unstable.

hey!!..this has to do with your telephone line..when their is some kinda probs with telephone line then modem readjusts itself to the sync rate which it can hold and thus your value changes at times.

So, get your line checked from the local lineman.check the splitter too.:)
But my net was working perfectly fine before it got resynced to 2013 kbps downstream.
I think the problem is from MTNL's side.
Anyways will get line checked. Thanks for the advice.

exact sync to 2048/512 happens on GDmt mode and on adsl mode sync rate varies around 2048/512 but not exact.so switch back to gdmt mode and line shud be stable. even my line becomes unstable on ADSL mode.

Back