Root Canal

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 23,621
After abt a year. I got root canal done recently. Whole process took abt 4-5 sittings over abt 15days.There was one canal which was troubling me for 10 days but doctor said its just tissue and canal is clear and went ahead finalizing root canal process and fitting cap.Ceramic Cap was fitting yesterday.All seemed ok till lunch. But now from evening when I bite, the tooth pains. Even biting krackjack biscuit it pains.Doctor seems to be famous doctor (based on photos in his clinic) but now I dont know whats going on. Why the pain has come back? Has something gone wrong during root canal process? Did doctor neglect something?Thank you.

there can be two reasons for this symptom1. in your case as the infection is quite old, the bone formation around roots is not complete yet and there is some residual inflammation resultingin pain on chewing.2.the root canal process is faulty.like you said, the dentist is a renowned one, i'll go with no.1. just get it checked with your doctorand he'll prescribe you the necessary meds. it may take about 1-2 months for pain to completely disappear. my two cents: the root canal treated tooth should be eased into use. the heavy biting should be done only after 15-20 days after the treatment.

try 1 hour sunbathing and 3-4 spoons of desighee for 7 days. u might be lacking vitamin D which is crucial for bones and teeth.

thanks @dantool and @iruswent to doc.. he said.. pressure on cap is high.. he kind of scrubbed the cap/tooth. now pain has gone.i had specifically asked the doc during last visit if i can bite hard and i can treat as normal tooth. he said yes that time. today he said.. dont chew/bite for 2 days from that side.lets see.. i am now fed up of this thing :D

^^actually theories differ on that criteria. if he is an old doc, he may not be knowing the latest developmentswhich specifically talk about the ease in process :)

which criteria are u talking abt?

Back