• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,436

hitman

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
I am thinking abt buying this router for airtel ...

Walmart.com: Belkin Wireless-N Broadband Router: Computers

Just wanna check with u guys if this will work fine with airtel? Is it easy to configure router with airtel?

Here in US I just plug the modem wire into my current router and it starts working .. But in India I remember tht I had to enter DNS details etc .. I was using just airtel modem in India .. there was no router ..

So if I plug airtel modem wire into this than do I have to enter IP, dns etc somewhere?

any help guys??

Ask Airtel customer care.If only Airtel had published "modem/router configuration steps" in a FAQ on their website - it would have saved hundreds of people like you having to make a call to their customer care :-).I have said this in the past and repeat here - it is a good idea for ISP representatives to look in this forum now and then so that they know what their customers need. They don't have to implement every single thing that is being asked or complained about here but I am very sure that they can pick up useful things which will help provide their customers a much better service.Maybe there is not enough motivation for any ISP rep. to do this?

he is in US. anyways. any wireless router should technically work fine in india. and the router would have enough documentation to let you do it on your own.

Back in India now .. :DThx for reply guys ... I got tht above router I listed and connected it to my airtel modem .. Then on router config page just selected the static ip option and gave the details which I use in my LAN configuration page .. So it started working ..But strangely channel 11 was not so smooth .. so I changed it to 1 and it works perfectly .. Any idea on which channel our mobile phones in India work on? Cos I don't see any other wireless device nearby ..

Back