Router suggestion at around ₹5k?

• Thread starter Thread starter Zuke
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 2,999
ISP
AS55836
Hello,

My Archer A6 V3 finally died yesterday and it does not want to turn on anymore. It had died a few times in the past but always turned on after a few hours. So, I assume it has finally bid good bye to me.

So, I am looking for a new router and can spend around 5k at max, but would still prefer a good cheaper option.

I am thinking about Archer C6 which is available at 2.5k right now. However, I was wondering if I should consider buying Wi-Fi 6 router now? I am not sure if it is needed though.

I might switch to 500 Mbps plan on JioFiber, so will C6 be fine with that? Or do I need Wi-Fi 6 router for proper performance?

Usually, only 5-6 devices are connected to the router. At max, it goes 8 devices at a time.

Will Wi-Fi 6 routers, such as AX10 and AX23 worth it?

yes, since day 1.

can you share WLAN settings.

Upvote 0
Does the AX series of routers (AX10,AX12,AX23,AX53) have better range when compared to something like Archer C80 or Netgear Nighthawk R7000?

I am living in my ancestorial home which was build during the British period (1942), Its a 4BHK and the thickness of the walls are ~15inch pure concrete. My old R7000 performed rock-solid as its signals pierced through the thick walls without breaking a sweat. Unfortunately its dead and now I am using my spare router C80 which isn't too bad given the price is just 2.7K and its gets the job done.

I am currently planning to Switch to AX23/AX53 so anybody using the same could you all provide some info regarding the range etc.
Sorry OP for hijacking your thread but I hope the information we receive would be of help to you ass well.

TIA.

Upvote 0
@tr1k0N4 How long it takes to connect to internet in your AX53?

It used to take a while in my Archer A6, while it takes seconds in my old C5. I read a review that two people were having the issue on AX53.

It's not a big deal but just wondering.

Upvote 0

Back