MTNL Mumbai Routing problems on MTNL Broadband?

• Thread starter Thread starter sandeep410
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 13,357
@Raju ram din it will be really tough to explain all this to line man as he always ask this question is dsl stable ?? I will say yes but no internet light then he will say server problem add complain to 198 -.- .
Plus I already made a complain to 198 page not opening / connection problem. I hope they close it soon then only I can add another complain .

@Raju ram din OK so I tried to reach line man, was not able to hear his voice > re dialed the number > number unavailable :/

Looks like issue is resolved.

Atleast right now I am getting 1mbps!

Spoke too early!

By 10:30 speed dropped to 512kbps

And now at around 11AM speed dropped to 200kbps.

Throttling started.
Yes, I can confirm that. Around 7.45am i was getting 200kb/sec downloads now getting 6kb/sec downloads from same location.
You can try downloading files from various data centers of softlayer around the world from here.
SoftLayer Data Centers | Global Data Center Facilities

Spoke too early!

By 10:30 speed dropped to 512kbps

And now at around 11AM speed dropped to 200kbps.

Same here. MTNL is becoming bad ISP. If this continues, I will definitely move.

@Raju ram din Internet working fine now with proper speed ,
current line stats
Screenshot%20(45).png

Is it ok ?
and why output power increased to 19.5 ,most of time it used to be below 9.5 previously.

Same here. MTNL is becoming bad ISP. If this continues, I will definitely move.

We are still not sure if its MTNL which is throttling things OR its due to cable cut.

I dont know where to find detail is cable is repaired or not.

line man as he always ask this question is DSL stable ??
yeah i know, but you have find the lineman when he is around the pillar or DP and ask him if he can check the pair. You might have to take him to near by chai pani ciggi junction to massage his ego.....they are the best trained lineman's and know everything about copper. the problem is they dont want to do it properly, as they have loads of circuit to maintain .....so over the period the loose interest and do the job ...just for sake of doing it. Treat them well they will take care of you very well. ;)
Is it ok ?
Yeah SNR 20/21 and ATTN 16.5/11 is also fine if your house is less than 1km (crow fly distance)from exchange.
why output power increased to 19.5
downstream is what you receive from exchange, that is relative power rating you are receiving from the exchange when packets are sent. which is descen. the upstream is what you send to exchange.

Where is the throttling? Torrents?

I just tried..... getting full 800-900KBps speeds on public torrents

We are still not sure if its MTNL which is throttling things OR its due to cable cut.

I dont know where to find detail is cable is repaired or not.
It is definitely throttling.
At my office, I get full 8 Mbps any time of the day. Be it private or public tracker.

What else is there to confirm?

Back