Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Facebook and Twitter struggles to load amongst tons of other websites. I have to keep VPN connected through the day to access the web at reasonable pace. Usually it gets fixed after a few hours but this time around it has been like this for 2-3 days now.

Btw why are uaing VPN? Any specific reason or just for anonymity?

Originally got it to bypass torrent throttling on Airtel many years ago. Eventually got into habit to use VPN for all torrent transfers. Also comes handy during times when bad routing like these days or government mandated blocking of random web services.

When I had issues with Yahoo mail. Yahoo mail guys told me that MTNL routes traffic through Reliance.

Currently we are facing issues with MTNL too from 2-3 weeks.

So makes me wonder if its actually Reliance where the root issue it residing.

Well i am able to browse properly using reliance BB. Mine traffic seems to be ok. If you can send some tracert then i can compare with my results.

Too much packet loss on Facebook when I last checked. Not on computer right now. I am on dsl not metro ethernet fyi. [emoji88]

That is fine, the backend routing remains same. My packets are also routed from ggn and then to mum and off to FLAG. .... Send me a tracert to facebook, i might be able to helpyou on this.

@chromaniac

Can you post a tracert to Singapore or something. My pings on mtnl have jumped to 170ms from the usual 60ms to worldoftanks-sea.com. Just some random game server.

Would also explain why mtnl connectivity has been poor lately.

I dont think if reliances uses FLAG for singapore. AFAIK, traffic to singapore uses airtel or tata. FLAG is primarily for EU and other parts till US. So if you choose any us servers primarily east cost one's then i can troubleshoot this.

Can confirm that there is a problem with MTNL(SOTL 120.62.x.x). Started on Saturday afternoon and became unbearable by the time the rains started.
Tracert shows that the latency numbers take a huge jump on the hop to a server owned by Reliance GlobalCom in UK. (Tracert to both Singapore and London servers)

Even browsing seems to have slowed down for me, specially for some websites. Speedtest refuses to load at all.

If this is some Reliance undersea cable issue or routing issue as some say, how soon can we expect it to be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back