samsung galaxy 3 battery problem

• Thread starter Thread starter bsd
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 14,326
well. android is awesome. i cannot really point out many flaws. but there are some major issues. 1. most devices sold in the market are loaded with an earlier edition of the OS. and there are very few devices that are guaranteed to get the latest one android 2.2. 2. even if your current device gets the android 2.2, you cannot be sure if it would get the next edition (likely to be 3.0). 3. battery life on android is pretty crappy. even on high end devices. my N1 has never given me a full day battery life if i keep it in sync mode. WP7... i cannot believe i am recommending WP7. but there are certain advantages that might make it a worthy purchase. first... devices would have decent specifications. microsoft requires every devices to at least have 1GHz processor and a 5 megapixel camera. WP7 devices are likely to be supported for longer period of time. wait for a couple of months. let android 3.0 be out and then decide. this is a very bad time to buy a high end smartphone.

one of my relatives had the same problem... he got the battery life to last more by closing the background apps and widgets running all the time... see if that helps

that is another major problem.

with the kind of battery life android devices have, you find yourself playing around with task managers all the freaking time.

i mean, i keep bluetooth and GPS off most of the time but even then i have to carry around a charger every freaking place.

i keep a charger in my car for emergency sakes.

it is a major headache.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EHlN21ebeak

this is the promo ad for WP7... i can relate to it.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

the phone interface becomes too complicated once you have installed a bunch of apps. you really keep on digging in just like it shows in the ad. i have not used a WP7 device. i have just seen the videos and photos. i think microsoft has done a great job with the user interface.

and i thought microsoft was racist... :|

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

@HH@H@H@H@ awesome AD :D

heh yeah. when i saw the ad, i was like... it shows they are showing that WP7 is so cool that people would keep on digging in all the freaking time. the ending was fab.

maybe dragon you would like to take a look at HTC 4G ? ! its has awesome hardware.. including a GPU for games

HTC EVO 4G has a pathetic battery life. go read the reviews. :)

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

if i were to buy an android device today, i would try to get my hands on htc desire hd.

battery must be shit ... but the EVO 4G is a hell of a phone :) ..... how about the Desire Z

what's so special about evo 4g? it supports the verizon's 4G networks. has a pretty decent sized display. without a decent battery, it is a brick for heavy users on the road.

Back