Samsung galaxy 3 (i5800 / i5801) vs LG Optimus One P500

• Thread starter Thread starter s.ricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 49,604
+1 for Optimus One. I suggest this mainly because Gingerbread is confirmed for it and it comes preloaded with Froyo. Galaxy 3 is still stuck with Eclair. God knows when Samsung will release Froyo for it. Forget about Gingerbread on it.

If i could have waited for couple of days i too have gone with Optimus One. I'm now having a Galaxy 3, which is good . If we use android phones, one of the most important thing we should keep in mind is the software updates.

Samsung still playing games with Galaxy 3 users, some of their tech reply that Froyo will not be available for G3, while some people on blogs posted it would be out in April.
I was so sick of this stupid update timelines, I flashed my phone with froyo last night it seems the phone is much more faster, smoother, and I've more space and apps can be installed on Memory card too.

I've flashed my phone 3 times since yesterday,
First with "I5800XXJPF"
then used Kyrillos_ROM_v2.3_Normal_version

and now finally running "Kyrillos_v3.0_beta_Extreme_Edition"

Now i don't need to wait like a helpless samsung user.

Dear Forum members and Admin ! please advise me to choose between LG Optimus One and Samsung Galaxy Ace. As there are few differences between these two regarding specifications : processor and RAM. waiting for ur valuable inputs thanks.

Optimus One costs about 3k less & I believe we have an official update of version i.e Android 2.3 Gingerbread announced.Samsung Ace has a better processor (not sure RAM) and seems to have a better resolution (others would correct me If I am wrong - I am sure) & 5 MP camera Vs 3.15 MP in Optimus OneSo based on the priority of the above criteria you should decideOptimus One scores in a. Priceb. Android UpdateSamsung Ace scores ina. Camerab. Processorc. Resolution (not sure)

Samsung Ace is also a newer model. And Samsung seems to be doing better with Android updates compared to LG. I could be wrong though. I have asked Kalpik to give his views between the two devices.

Samsung Ace VS Optimus One

Resolution Same
about processor .. ace is having same processor but over clocked to 800
Ram 512 in Optimus one againest 278 in Ace
Camera 5mp in ace vs 3.15 in O1 .. here ace is better ..
screen size - 3.5 (ace) vs 3.2 (o1) .. bigger is better ..

now its come to your priority .. if u need higher mp camera then ace is better else LG O1 is far ahead in this race with more RAM and promised update for 2.3 ... and u can save 3-4 k ...

instead of ace .. give a look at new model of Samsung Galexy S (SL) with 4gb memory is there which will cost 19k+

Difficult choice between O1 and Ace.. I'd personally go for Ace for the bigger screen and cam.. Though if you can increase your budget a bit, Galaxy SL is AWESOME!

LG Optimus one is better than Galaxy 3.

everyone has own choice and preference but if u go through this thread then you will come to know few more details about both the handset ...

about u r question LG O1 is better because of 512 mb ram and android 2.2 with promised update to 2.3 ..

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Dont want to confuse issues further , but then how is Galaxy Fit...

you are comparing the fit with ?????????

Back