Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,992
I think Apple is showing its insecurity by filing all these suits. If they think that people are going to buy other products just because they look or feel like apple products (in turn leading to financial losses for them) they are either underestimating the intellect of the consumers or they think that they make the best products ever in the world. If they are so sure of their product superiority as are their fanbois, even an exact copy with a different logo shouldn't be a threat to them. I think we can agree on the fact that Apple is doing all this not because they feel they are morally right but just because they have the option to do so.

I find it very hard to believe. If two people write the EXACT SAME THING, I repeat, EXACT SAME THING - not missing even a comma or space or whatever, it HAS to be from the same source, unless of course there was a brainwave and everyone dreamt the same thing with the same level of detail.

In Samsung's case, the design is a blatant copy of the iPhone. In Google's case, the function that was put up as proof was an exact replica, variable names, spaces, alignment, other formatting, logic, number of lines, number of characters, every damn thing. I am yet to come across two coders who wrote the exact same thing pixel to pixel without ever having looked at what the other was doing.

Now if someone posts

"I find it very hard to believe. If two people write the EXACT SAME THING, I repeat, EXACT SAME THING - not missing even a comma or space or whatever, it HAS to be from the same source, unless of course there was a brainwave and everyone dreamt the same thing with the same level of detail.

In Samsung's case, the design is a blatant copy of the iPhone. In Google's case, the function that was put up as proof was an exact replica, variable names, spaces, alignment, other formatting, logic, number of lines, number of characters, every damn thing. I am yet to come across two coders who wrote the exact same thing pixel to pixel without ever having looked at what the other was doing."

I would definitely say he has copied, I can't give him benefit of doubt that he had the exact same thoughts and expressed them in the very manner I did without missing anything at all.

I precisely said, its ur assumption that the fellow copied. Just because 2 people write the same thing, doesnt mean one has copied from the other. Just coz 2 people look the same, doesnt mean that they have to be twins

I wrote that all by myself

Well, if u say that 2 people taking a morsel in their hands & taking the hand right upto the mouth, putting it into the mouth & then chewing it, is copying, then u can very well believe that. If something is meant to be done in a particular way, then it has to be done that way. U cant say that 1 copied the other.

I breathe in Oxygen & give out Carbon-dioxide. I cant say that u r copying me because u do the same thing.

If u try and patent such things, u are bound to get this sort of rulings. If touch responses were meant to be coded in that way, then it is pretty much likely that everything will be coded the same way. If someone doesnt code it that way, then its their foolishness. Thats what Symbian did. Their touch interface was crap - atleast of what i had seen. Wont say anything about WP, as i havent seen much of it......

Well, if u say that 2 people taking a morsel in their hands & taking the hand right upto the mouth, putting it into the mouth & then chewing it, is copying, then u can very well believe that. If something is meant to be done in a particular way, then it has to be done that way. U cant say that 1 copied the other. I breathe in Oxygen & give out Carbon-dioxide. I cant say that u r copying me because u do the same thing. If u try and patent such things, u are bound to get this sort of rulings. If touch responses were meant to be coded in that way, then it is pretty much likely that everything will be coded the same way. If someone doesnt code it that way, then its their foolishness. Thats what Symbian did. Their touch interface was crap - atleast of what i had seen. Wont say anything about WP, as i havent seen much of it......

Owning a patent does NOT mean disallowing others from using the stuff. On the contrary, the system has been designed so as to facilitate its use for a small fee. What it also means though is that one cannot 'incidentally' come up with the exact set of criteria and claim that it is an original. Remember we are not talking about one or two lines matching. It is a match of the ENTIRE proposal that isn't allowed. Even minor deviations from an original (prior art) need to be significantly different in nature.Folks who have been involved in the patent filing process need to keep these things in mind. It is understandable if the regular individual misses a few of these points because these aren't part of his day to day work, but for companies, patents are an 'asset' - they can hardly afford to be complacent about these

^^^^So basically u have agreed to what i said!

On the contrary I don't think I have said anything at all on the lines of what you said. I am all for patents and the patent holder's rights to assert them

Then I guess the first living beings shud have patented breathing. And today we wud have been paying royalty to that being isn't it?

Back