Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,992
Patents and protection of patent holder is must for keeping innovation alive. I don't know who copied whom but if any one can prove the points in patent claims must get protection and relief.

No one is against patents. What i m against is - hoarding of patents....nonsensical ones in that. Apple doesnt use the face recognition tech anywhere - neither in past, nor currently. But they are already planning to sue Google for that. Bloody they dont have the ability to use a tech & they have patented it! Sheer nonsense!Dont know what the patent laws are like....but seeing this sort of misuse, i would feel that there should be a pre-requisite for patenting something. That is some commercial use of the tech, or planned use of it in near future. near future cannot be more than 1-1.5 years at the time of applying for it.When u buy something, u dont want to end up paying more component for patents, than for the product itself.

Like most things in Human history, patents started out as a good idea to foster innovation and sharing of knowledge by assuring a person who has come up with a unique invention and process of making something a certain period of time to exclusively exploit the innovation commercially. That is to say it was a reward for sharing your ideas and inventions. And like most things in Human history it has become perverse and counter-productive to the spirit of its conception. Patents today are being misused thoroughly to thwart competition (which unarguably goes against the interests of consumers) and to browbeat smaller players in an attempt to monopolize of any lucrative idea.Honestly, the intricacies and legalities aside, Apple has shown poor form by trying to misuse the judicial process to further its monopolistic motives, instead of beating its competitors in the market on a level playing field on the strength of its products. Samsung has been foolish in aping Apple devices (at least in terms of looks) and should fire their design team(s). Google could have done better by collaborating with better companies (like HTC) for their nexus devices. And consumers could always do better than buying thoroughly over-priced devices from a greedy corporation that would throttle the neck of innovation if it could earn a dollar more by doing so, and that prefers closed systems on which it can exercise tight control, rather than just putting its technology out there to see how people can improve on it. Overall, not a great moment for the tech world. Apple may get a little richer, but consumers should punish them.

offtopic. my friend got the delivery of the phone. hopefully i would have it by the end of the week!

now have to coordinate his visit to delhi with my visit to delhi!

i would prefer to do that of course. depends upon his own program. trying to get in touch to workout a meeting point!

offtopic. my friend got the delivery of the phone. hopefully i would have it by the end of the week!

cant live without hehe??

what price??

Back