Samsung Galaxy S II

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 24,963
just checked my address book. i do not have any contact with dr. i guess i do not use salutations at all.

Guess they fixed in Jelly Bean. Doesn't work for me.Neither Mr. nor Dr.It also lists under the alphabet of the name and not D or M

Possible Solution in GB, if you contact is Dr New Doc, then rename to New Doc Dr and it comes up in searches of "Dr". the thing is android is skipping search on prefixes so putting "Dr" in end helps :D

Actually some salutation like Dr helps to group and search the peoples with similar profession. I too avoid Mr and Mrs. Thank god everything is fine on my side! :D@Chromaniac: How to make touchpal default for dialer and phonebook like swiftkey for keyboard.

oh ok, i thought it was a prefix thingy. basically, the "Dr" should not be the starting letters in contact name and search will work. eg "New Dr Doc", "Doc New Dr" but not "Dr New Doc" even if you put "Dr" in first name

i would assume when you click on the phone button, phone would ask you which app you want to load and whether to make it default. just like launchers. :|

Anyway that should be fine if you are adding Dr in first name itself. Search function should be able to get it. Touchpal is getting it easily.

i would assume when you click on the phone button, phone would ask you which app you want to load and whether to make it default. just like launchers. :|

Installed but when opened contact or dialer with same expectation..it didn't ask. :(

Back