Samsung Galaxy S LCD I9003

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 9,323
according to spec sheet at flipkart the original Galaxy s has 512 MB ram and this cheaper galaxy lcd has 478 MB..i have the galaxy s.. consider the fact that at any given time the galaxy s has only around / less than 100 MB ram free ram available for apps to run which i find very low and when 2-3 apps are open (music player, web browser, messaging) the phone starts freezing and lagging.. at times i have to manually close an app from the task manager and sometimes the app force closes.. and such situations are very often when you are browsing the web, listening to music and you get a message and you open the app to reply.. and the phone freezes..i believe the next update for galaxy s adds another 30 MB free ram..but assuming that galaxy s and lcd one both use the same android build the cheaper one is completely "NO BUY"..

I finally moved from Symbian to android today !Just bought Samsung Galaxy S LCD I9003 from Croma.Broad level differences between Galaxy S I9000 and Galaxy S LCD I9003 are as below1) Screen type - I9000 has amoled and I9003 has LCD2) I9000 comes with 16 GB card where as I9003 comes with 4 GB3) Both have 1 Ghz dual core process - but GPU make is different4) Last but not the least I9000 is 28k (Approx) and I90003 is 19.5k approxNow i am off to explore my new toy :)

I9000 is 25K @ Flipkart :| . Still 5.5k is still a big enough amount to consider I9003 :D

Price of 5.5 less for same features is indeed a clincher

The other 2 reasons of not buying I9000 are

1) I9000 is not available in any of the stores for display !
2) I am still not that comfortable buying mobile online from Flipkart ...

Yup, can understand the hesitancy of buying something online - anything above 2-3K, even at reputed sites I am a bit concerned normally.By the way was it you or the cats who typed the above :P P.S - I really like the signature

Yup, can understand the hesitancy of buying something online - anything above 2-3K, even at reputed sites I am a bit concerned normally.
By the way was it you or the cats who typed the above :P

P.S - I really like the signature

Thanks for liking the signature :)

By the way its me the CAT typing this :p
Gautam is busy figuring out nuts and bolts of Android/New Phone :)

I finally moved from Symbian to android today !

Just bought Samsung Galaxy S LCD I9003 from Croma.

Broad level differences between Galaxy S I9000 and Galaxy S LCD I9003 are as below
1) Screen type - I9000 has amoled and I9003 has LCD
2) I9000 comes with 16 GB card where as I9003 comes with 4 GB
3) Both have 1 Ghz dual core process - but GPU make is different
4) Last but not the least I9000 is 28k (Approx) and I90003 is 19.5k approx

Now i am off to explore my new toy :)

both have 1 ghz single core processors.. galaxy s has hummingbird chip and i9003 has TI OMAP processor..

i9003 is also thicker

Bought the I9003 from Planet M store, Total Mall Sarjapur Road Bangalore. Upgraded from Nokia 5800. So extremely happy at this point :) . The 5800 had a 8GB memory card which i transfered into the I9003. So basically have 12GB memory at no extra cost. The store gave me a 2GB memory card Free which I put into the Nokia 5800 which my wife will use. And only an expert on phones will be able to notice that it is not the Galaxy S I9000 at first sight :).

Back