Samsung J5 v/s Moto g 2015

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr.cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 3,631
Moto G has apparently the same camera as the Nexus 6 except for the OIS part. And Camera 2 API part :p

Personally I have lost love for stock Android. I love MIUI. And might end up getting a MI6 lol next time around.

I read that manufacturers need to flip a switch to support Camera 2 API, Since N6 and Moto G have the same camera Module- Maybe Moto might extend the support at a later date or XDA devs might reverse engineer and create a modded ROM

from what i have read, you have to get approval from the manufacturer and pay royalty or some other fees to be legally able to give camera2 api support. this info was apparently provided by cm inc. ceo who was asked why OnePlus one did not get support for camera2 api.

nope. cannot find the source.

that information might be entirely wrong. a bit of google tells me that special hardware components are needed for the support. plus there are some software components that qualcomm provides and then there is some other bullshit. and then there are articles that say that samsung s6 has support for camera2 but the official camera app does not use it properly. so i am basically clueless about the entire thing. i just know that i loved having hdr+ mode on my nexus 5. and moto turbo without OIS and Camera2 is painful to use for taking photos.

well honestly am currently using moto g 1st gen and satisfied with its performance but lately phone has begun lagging dont know why.
And yes i love stock android UI but the only thing am worried about is call quality and as far as i heard samsung has optimized the touchwiz UI very well and now that lag is not there. Also samsung has an edge over after sales service as compared to motorola.

well... solid state storage is known to get slower with usage. so that could be one reason. plus android is of course heavy today than it was in ics/kitkat. 1GB RAM is just not enough these days. my mom's mi note 4g has just 1.1GB RAM free out of the box. now i get it, miui is heavy compared to stock android. but it does show that you do need at least 2GB to have a comfortable experience these days.

I'm looking to buy a handset under 13k which is to be given to my sister on Raksha Bandhan. Her main requirement is that she should be able to see movies on phone while traveling in office cab. So I'll have to buy a 32 GB SD card as well.

I have been using a Samsung S3 since last 3 years and lag is a big issue in that phone probably because of all the bloatware that useless Samsung apps are that can't be removed. So I'll probably stay away from Samsung this time around. I hear that useless apps on Lenovo can be removed.

Moto G and Samsung J5 both have 720p display and J5 comes with 1.5 GB RAM while Lenovo k3 Note has FHD 1920x1080 display with 2GB RAM. So I'm undecided on which one to go for.

you can also consider note 4g for 8k and add a 64GB card on it :P
though i think it would not be able to handle heavy apps. have not tried playing movies on it yet.
K3 Note is probably a good buy. moto g3 2GB/16GB is also a good option with expandable storage.

K3 has 16GB+32GB. Note 4G has 8GB+64GB. Moto G has 16GB+32GB. Usable storage on Note 4G is 3.5GB so probably not a good idea if there are games involved.

32 GB SD card should be enough. One can put 15-20 movies on it and will take care of time pass on daily commute for a whole month. :)

Back