setting up a home web server

• Thread starter Thread starter irus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 8,120
@/blu_6779/ good question. Earlier same problem was posted, and we could access for test ,the web site( if it is meant for Public view ), and the problem was solved.

tell someone else to access this server.. should be fine.. faced many times..!

hi thanks for your replies .... there is some change in my configuration.. dyndns is not used now... i use static ip which i've given below to access the server... and i have disabled all port forwarding except port 80 it is accessible from the net but the front page is opening to username and password of the server. the static address of my server is 59.176.18.55.... it opens the server username/password page. what i need is that it shud open the website!

your forwarding is not yet done properly... can you post your current screenshots ?

please post the following

Your Router IP address
Your local IP address (ipconfig /all @ cmd prompt)
Your Advanced setup =>NAT page
Access management page
Maintenance Page
IP filter page !

Are you using Apache/2.2.9 ?

Am i seeing router page or your internet page (it asks username/password)

Authentication required!

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL "/xampp/". You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required

Error 401

IP address
08/18/08 23:03:09
Apache/2.2.9 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8h mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.6

so, it is ur apache page itself right ?

the second issue remains. to see my site on the above ip i have to go via a proxy otherwise i see the prompt for username and password of the router NOT the server. ok ill just take the shots and post it right now:confused:

try http ://ip/index.html

It works!

(that is your home page right? so no need to post anymore screenshots)

make sure, you put the default page as index.html....

No need to change anything in router as it is working fine !

yes it works!! :) though im still having to access it via a proxy.... to see it.... otherwise without the proxy the ip 59.176.18.55 gives me the routers settings page!! which is the orginal issue in the first post.

yes it works!! :) though im still having to access it via a proxy.... to see it.... otherwise the ip 59.176.18.55 gives me the routers settings page!! which is the orginal issue in the first post.

give http ://ip /index.html ?dont just give ip... is it still asking for password ??

I think initial issue was router page, now it is asking the access information to the default page xampp ?(is there a folder like that?)

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the URL "/xampp/". You either supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

yes it works from all computers except mine. thats why i need to go to atunnel.com (proxy server) type my ip address and then see the whole website from the internet...

yes its working via atunnel.com the proxy im using... the router page is still the issue if i dont use atunnel.com

give http ://ip /index.html ?dont just give ip... is it still asking for password ??

I think initial issue was router page, now it is asking the access information to the default page xampp ?(is there a folder like that?)

Back