Setting up a mail server on BSNL Business Connection

solariiknight

Regular
ISP
BSNL broadband, Aircel 3G.
I have a BSNL Business connection BBG 900ULD. I have a web server for my mother's hospital. We already have a website hosted in our connection. My brother is trying to setup a mail server using Exim. The trouble here is that google rejects mail sent to it saying that my IP is not authorized to sent mail. Also some mail servers give the reply that my IP is in the baracuda blocklist to previous history of spam.

Will getting a static IP address for my connection help? Also is BSNL a good or bad ISP for mail servers? Should I shift to other ISPs?
We are quite intent on setting up a mail server for communicating with close friends, one of the reasons is that we don't like gmail/yahoo/etc spying on our private conversations.

I can't get an account on FeedBlitz because of BSNL IPs. Static IP would of course be better as you can keep it clean. You can't avoid 'spying' by the US based companies unless everyone of your contact avoids them as well.

Thanks for the reply.

Yep, to avoid spying, the few of the people who communicate with us frequenctly have agreed to use the mail server that we are setting up. While for other purposes we will be using gmail, yahoo etc.. Hence they won't get a complete picture about us :)

I suggest using pgp for communicating. Prevents spying even on commercial services.

Back