SETTING UP Wi-Fi Router on Hathway Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter rhlprap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 53,912

rhlprap

ISP
Hathway
hi guys i got myself a Linksys WRTU54G-TM but i cannot configure it. i did the set up wizard but in the end it says that there is no internet connection detected. i called hathway ppl they say their technicians dont configure Wi-Fi routers and the guy was telling me to enable DHCP on the router or something like that. HELP:iomg:HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED

just put in the ip and dns of your hatway router into your Linksys manually

PROBLEM SOLVED jus had to clone my MAC

Why use a trick when you can just call up Hathway and ask them to reset the binding for your connection? As far as they're concerned, you just got a new laptop or something.

But in addition, despite this particular task being IMPOSSIBLE; they are also legally required to know you have WiFi in your premises.

i called up hathway ppl they said we dont configure routers but they said to enable DHCP on router page i jst googled and found a guide on T-Mobile forum (which is the provider of GSM service for this particular router) so the guide said tht i had to clone my MAC if u were using the router on a different machine from where the router was configured. IN THE END HATHWAY ALWAYS DOESN'T WANT TO HELP happended with me a lot of timesanyways thnx a lot

i called up hathway ppl they said we dont configure routers but they said to enable DHCP on router page i jst googled and found a guide on T-Mobile forum (which is the provider of GSM service for this particular router) so the guide said tht i had to clone my MAC if u were using the router on a different machine from where the router was configured.
IN THE END HATHWAY ALWAYS DOESN'T WANT TO HELP happended with me a lot of times

anyways thnx a lot

Arre... no, you had the router already configured. All they needed to do was reset the IP-to-MAC address binding at their end. That's something only Hathway can do, it has nothing to do with your router.

I had the same problem and it was resolved by MAC binding reset. I am not at all impressed with Hathway Internet as well as knowledge of techs. My connection was running fine withe Linksys for some time and then it broke. The Hathway techs (twice) end up saying the problem is with PC, NIC is faulty or reinstalled OS. The tech visiting my home couldnt even able to understand the connection is coming via wireless router. I worked with call center and got this resolved since my brother couldnt understand more of networking (I worked out of Pune and the connection is in Mumbai). I really dont know what happens to the non-tech people who doesnt know much about network. The MAC binding suck and not sure why it is needed. I had used TATA broadband in the past and using Airtel currently (Pune), none of them ever had this issue. Apart from this issue, the speed is really pathetic. I have 256 Kbps unlimited plan. When I compare it with Airtel broadband, it is way way below par.

Back