Sharing MTNL Triband Broadband on multiple computers with wi-fi connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 154
  • Views Views 47,923
okay donr thanx :) next step is there any need to secure home LAN. If i want to disable net on particular PC what i have to do (to run antivirus for a moment). can i get whole control of all PC connected to router from my PC.

yes, you can there are many softwares which do that, you can use one called netsupport..If you have a good router/modem then you can disable net on a certain pc in the modem/router config page itself!!

Hi all, I have applied for an MTNL triband connection & want to purchase my own adsl modem+router combo to use with my laptop (which is wifi enabled). Can you please suggest which I should go in for: Netgear DG834GD-Link DSL 2640TAny other Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestions. I really appreciate them. I will settle on the Netgear DG834G I guess. Any idea where i can get it in Mumbai & what will be the approx price with warranty?

Make a trip to Lamigton Road. Enquire in two or three shops
Are you are in Mumbai. ? If somewhere else, even paying a little extra,
will save you the trouble if any problem with the modem/router. for exchange etc.
I think price is less than 2000/=
around Rs 7000/=

Netgear DG834G router prices, Shopping comparison for Netgear DG 834G, Buy online in India

Wireless & Networking prices & reviews at ShopMania. Find great deals on Modems, Network Accessories, Routers, Switches, Wireless Networking

thank you soooo much:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hey guys, i need some help configuring my Netgear wifi router WGT624 v3. i got a used one frm my cousin in the states. iv reset it already.
i have an MTNL connection and iv already made all the router, modem connections properly.
on accessing 192.168.1.1 and entering the default username/password, i enter the netgear site. cud some1 pls help me configure my router after reaching this stage!
ill be adding a screenshot of the site soon..do tell me if ull need any other details

thanks

http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=netgearao7.jpg

select "Yes" and type in your mtnl username and password..Leave the INternet ip address option as it yes..save/reboot your router.. set the mtnl router to bridged mode.. i.e. vp/vci 0/32 should be in bridged mode

Back