Shell access via telnet or ssh to Nokia G-2425 possible?

@Hsfibers bro, the latest firmware update pushed to the ONT has made it very difficult to unlock it. The old methods don't work. Hopefully someone somewhere is working on cracking the device. And remember, if you make a mistake you can brick it.

@Hsfibers bro, the latest firmware update pushed to the ONT has made it very difficult to unlock it. The old methods don't work.
Yeah, but anyone who has gained root access to it before version 3FE49362IJHK46 still has the root access and everything is unlocked so anyone trying to unlock, do it before new version is pushed to your ONT...

Last edited:
Wait, you can still unlock your router and gain root access on latest firmware version 3FE49362IJHK46 without any restrictions or issues
I recently factory reset my ONT with the Latest Firmware(3FE49362IJHK46), and after the reset I lost my root access, but after repeating the same procedure for unlocking, I was able to gain root access again even on the latest firmware.

how extract pppoe user/pass on g2425 from config file backup or similar ? the decryptor that worked on g240 doesnt work on it
anyone have a full flash dump so i can try and make a decryptor ?

Last edited:
@rajkosto if you have root access then you can check the /etc/ppp directory on the ONT for config files containing pppoe username/password, or you want to get the info only from the backup config file(you said config backup file or "something similar")?

Back