shifting the connection from kerala to bangalore

ISP
bsnl
Hi, I moved my connection to bangalore. When I temporarily checked pointing the dish in the right direction everything was working. However to fix the dish properly, I dismantled the whole thing but unable to get back to a*correct* direction for the dish. I do not have any instruments etc, tried by changing the antenna postion and looking at the TV. Since the azimuth also needs to be correct this is vey complex now. If any one has any hint please let me know. Thanks in advance. Regds.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px } .wysiwyg a:link, .wysiwyg_alink { color: #22229c } .wysiwyg a:visited, .wysiwyg_avisited { color: #22229c } .wysiwyg a:hover, .wysiwyg a:active, .wysiwyg_ahover { color: #ff4400 } p { margin: 0px; } .inlineimg { vertical-align: middle; }

Please you visit DishPointer.com - Satellite Dish Pointer / Alignment Calculator with Google Maps their you can find google map and find your location azimuth and inclind angle than you should set tup your dish simple to find real north direction you can use some north direct megnatic compass or their is one key chain is available which is look likw a ball which can always show north direction , for verticle dierction you can use prodector to know more details of dish setup type a work Ku & c band dish instalation on google you will find an article iam having that article with me but i dont know to attach that here from that easlyly you can install dish another simple method is take tv near dish you may have channel already saved on that stb switch on any channel by up and down and rotating you will find picture approximately fix dish as like some other dish fixed near to you location

Hi,
I moved my connection to bangalore. When I temporarily checked pointing the dish in the right direction everything was working. However to fix the dish properly, I dismantled the whole thing but unable to get back to a*correct* direction for the dish. I do not have any instruments etc, tried by changing the antenna postion and looking at the TV. Since the azimuth also needs to be correct this is vey complex now. If any one has any hint please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Regds
.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px } .wysiwyg a:link, .wysiwyg_alink { color: #22229c } .wysiwyg a:visited, .wysiwyg_avisited { color: #22229c } .wysiwyg a:hover, .wysiwyg a:active, .wysiwyg_ahover { color: #ff4400 } p { margin: 0px; } .inlineimg { vertical-align: middle; }

Thank *you very much. The information was useful. Able to resolve the issue. (the skew angle alone need to be zero only and not what is given in dishpointer site.).wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; margin-top: 5px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 10px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px } .wysiwyg a:link, .wysiwyg_alink { color: #22229c } .wysiwyg a:visited, .wysiwyg_avisited { color: #22229c } .wysiwyg a:hover, .wysiwyg a:active, .wysiwyg_ahover { color: #ff4400 } p { margin: 0px; } .inlineimg { vertical-align: middle; }

Back