Should I separate the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz ? Or keep it combined ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Crane
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1,874
ISP
Airtel Airfiber 40mbps plan ,WiFi only plan
I have an Airtel Airfiber 40 MBPS connection and it’s running on the default settings since its installation and i have only changed the password. I was Thinking to separate both the bands as 5ghz is more wider in Wifi 6 router given by Airtel

Is it worth the hassle to separate both of them?

@Crane please share the steps. Even on Airtel Xstream Fiber as well SSID for 2.4 and 5 GHz band is same.
I did not find any settings in Airtel Thanks App to set separate SSID. Technician said I need to call Customer Care to set separate names for 2.4 and 5GHz bands.

Upvote 0
] just change the name of the ssid on both 2.4 and 5ghz
it should do it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@UncleSamGoaWale
Hmm
For the first few days it worked well ,the coverage was everywhere in my house (small 1bhk)

The problem was that there was no coverage on the main door ,and the router is placed in my bedroom

So whenever a order/parcel is at door the phone can’t find wifi signals and the payment is interrupted to a halt ,until i come back inside and reconnect to the WiFi

Now the thing i mentioned that its working well ,it worked well for 3 days i guess ,after that its back to how it was earlier ,it drops again at the main door

Currently i can’t find a way to fix it

Upvote 0

Back