Should I switch to Reliance broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaForce103

Hey,I'd like some advice on whether i should switch to Reliance Broadband.I'm currently on a BSNL ULD 900 Plan which gives 4mbps upto 8GB and 512kbps after that.Now that Reliance has announced the Thunder 1099 plan which is in every way better than mine at almost the same price,I'm tempted to get it. Other than download speed,one of the other things I'm concerned with is ping. I like to play fps games on US-EAST servers and with Bsnl i get around 277ms~412ms max. I don't think the pings could get any worse than that,but hey,this is India...So are pings with Reliance generally better or worse than BSNL? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You should change your thread's title to: "Should I commit broadband suicide?"

You should change your thread's title to: "Should I commit broadband suicide?"

LOL,Why is it that i never have any luck asking people on forums? I either get some vague reply like this one or none at all. Well f**k this,i think i'll go for it.

What I'm saying is, you'll commit broadband suicide if you opt for Reliance. :)Pings are terrible and I'm getting 150 Kbps on my so called 4 Mbps tariff plan since last 2 weeks. Customer care is a big joke.

What I'm saying is, you'll commit broadband suicide if you opt for Reliance. :)

Pings are terrible and I'm getting 150 Kbps on my so called 4 Mbps tariff plan since last 2 weeks. Customer care is a big joke.

BTW have you checked your modem config for Downstream rate, I guess they would have reduced your downstream rate to 1024.

If that is a case you wont get download rate not more than 1024kbps even if you have opted for 10mbps plan.

Give it a try mate

^ I'm getting 400 KBps (the usual speed) while downloading via uTorrent! Problem is only with HTTP/HTTPS. This is what happens when n00bs are employed to manage the entire network.

One does not simply trust reliance broadband :DTell us your location.. We might give some suggestions.

Again, I iterate.It really depends on your luck and area. I'm getting my committed speeds and other than the occasional downtime, I haven't faced any reliability issues with speed in the last 5 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back