• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,582
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyneuron

ISP
Sify
hello guys... Right now i have hotwire connection...but i never get full speed (32 KB/s on 256 Kb/s connection)....also it has highest price as compared to others ( Rs 1350 + 50 = 1400)... My connection provider also has sify & hathway...but he says sify has shared bandwidth...so he never recommends subscribing to it....with hathway, the problem is that ports are blocked....so torrents don't run... Only option left with me is to switch to Tata Indicom (don't have Airtel in our college area, here in Delhi)... Please advice me regarding Tata Indicom speed, customer support....specifically in Delhi Do they really deliver what they claim.....? Help appreciated....

Speed : Ok, I get 240 to 256 on 256 infinity connectionUptime : Poor. My connection was down 9 times in 1 month, infact its still down from saturday.Customer Care : Very Poor, Non technical Almost same is the case with other guys staying nearby, I have a MTNL 256 connection also, which is hardly ever down. They have pathetic customer care as well but thing is u dont need it if the connection is working fine.Consider choosing Airtel as first choice. I don't recommend moving to TATA, unless u have no other option.

thanks for replying bro....thinking of not switching to indicom....almost everybody suggested the same....i am getting 27-28 KB/s download on this hotwire connection...improvement to 30 KB/s (as u and othe people are getting on indicom) isn't worth excuse of going through all the hassles involved in changing connection...also my current connection walah is damn good in terms of service....repairs any thing wrong within hours.....no or 1-3 downtimes in a month....may be i should remain satisfied with this only.....airtel isn't available here....can't subscribe to mtnl as i am in hostel....anyways thanks....

^^ if you are getting 27-28 kB/s on 256 kb connection and such less downtime then dont even think of changing unless u need some kind of night boosters ( 2 mbps :P ) .

You wont get full speed even with Tata. Further their response time to fix a connection is now 3 working days. They are the most expensive among all providers and last but not the least they don't respect their customers. You will like a rag doll in a month. Make your choice.

thanks for the reply....i now realize that i was in great misconception, that only my ISP Hotwire sucks.....I believe the case is same with all ISP's in India....be it MTNL, SIfy, Hotwire, Hathway, Tata Indicom....All are alike....

You wont get full speed even with Tata. Further their response time to fix a connection is now 3 working days.

3days?!!! what?! even with 24hr response time they took a week to solve (and then problem repeats within a week), so what wud happen with 3 day response time. and i am sure there is a catch, they will say its response time NOT a "problem will be fixed" time.

and whats a big deal that they are asking for 3days?!!

for a well set LAN its either switch or cable or server problem. just go and detect where the fault is and replace switch, cable. standby server shud anyway be ready for a such big ISP.

standby server shud anyway be ready for a such big ISP.

not when the local network is managed by a franchisee.

Only reason TATA Indicom makes money is because they choose areas that are not served by better ISPs.

Just confirming the earlier posts though I don't live in Delhi. My experience with Tata has been very poor and I wouldn't recommend them to a new customer. All sorts of problems with the connection, billing and customer service. Avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back