Sify broadband dialer 2.8

• Thread starter Thread starter krish_88
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 13,923
Now with more so called advanced features its gonna eat for sure double that amount maybe around 20 mb. Oh i think now on a 64 mb ram pc only the OS and sify client can run, nothing else as no RAM will be left for usage by other applications.Then i wont complain about low speeds as i wont be able to check them HAHA

krish can u post up the file???

I hope this means that they will stop blocking ports at the central server. I guess not many of us will be bothered by changes in the official client, as long as there is no complete change in the mechanism, rendering alternate clients disfunctional.

one of the feature i found out is that if u change ur ip frm the original ip u cant ping ur gateway :o plzzz confirm if im wrong or right B)

Well, my thing was updated too.It now has two processes running1. BBClient = 9,264k2. BBImpSec = 7,732kAnd you have a choice of blocking/opening any ports. Default is all open.

Originally posted by NeO@Jul 26 2005, 04:31 PM
one of the feature i found out is that if u change ur ip frm the original ip u cant ping ur gateway :o

plzzz confirm if im wrong or right B)
[snapback]18375[/snapback]
[/quote]

well neo

if u just change the last octet of ur ip u can ping ur gateway provided no ip clash occurs

and if u change other octets of ur ip to the u won't be able to ping ur ip

and still no change in bbclient here

They still are not going for good security."Default is all ports open"Where as it should be "Default all ports closed"A firewall with all ports open what is the use of itEven no change for me.Will someone go and teach them Memory management.plzzz

well, i've learnt one thing being with sify is that...they implement first, then find out the pros and cons of anything...

pc guard? a dumb guard. It is one of the worst software I have seen and that too from a company like satyam!! who Exports softwares :rolleyes: I pity those programmers! Cant they make it look decent? It looks like a real spyware from sify which well log a file in theire servers about our activities on net. :unsure: It is really not good looking guard. And what about the buzz? they have given a buzz directory in the sifybroadband with no link in startup menu or desktop. Another peice of hidden softwares or spyware? hahaha sify please grow to international standards pls.

Back