Sim based Router recommendation for 5G cellular network

• Thread starter Thread starter _Dexter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 357
  • Views Views 41,171
@MrGordon @mindwar Can you please tell me with Yeacomm NR610, since Jio uses 464XLAT, how the old router will be connected? Does the router connected also need 464XLAT support? I have an Asus AC68U running FreshTomato (fork of Shibby's Tomato firmware) and it does not have 464XLAT support AFAIK. With bridge mode, I suppose the router must also support it? Will it work with router mode (NR610 in router mode and AC68U as one of it's client?). What do you guys recommend? (Jiofiber, Xtreme Fiber is not available in my area and I don't want AirFiber since it has 1TB FUP so thinking to use Jio 5G "unlimited" plan with NR610)

Upvote 0
@santorini If you use it in router mode, the Yeacomm device will handle everything. Ofcourse you will have one more layer of NAT if you then connect it to your Asus router as WAN. Else you can use the Asus device just as an AP.

If you want to use the Yeacomm in bridge mode, then yes, the router should support CLAT (464XLAT) if you need IPv4 support. IPv6 will work natively.

Upvote 0

Back