• Thread starter Thread starter sibot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,958

sibot

ISP
MTNL
Hi,
Siti Broadband has been blocking various websites over the past couple of months. I never had much to complain about before since the blocking wasn't that intrusive and did not affect much of my browsing.

I view a lot of content via Google Video/Drive and today NONE of the media was buffering. I thought maybe there was some issue from the server and waited it out. A couple of hours later, no avail. That is when I tried a VPN and voila! It worked!

It's baffling why they're actively blocking so many websites/servers.

What would be the best way to resolve this issue?

Sibot

Siti is blocking Google Drive?

Not blocking Google drive, but content (videos) streamed over Google Drive. I have also been getting Verification Warnings from websites I used to frequent to the effect that the Origin IP has been marked for suspicious activity. I can't even access some video streaming websites.

strange. unless they are blocking google domains, content should stream over google drive. i imagine google using the same servers for streaming on google drive that are used by youtube.

If it's alright with you, I am going to PM you some links with streamable content via Google Drive. Please see if it works at your end. This is really frustrating.

i am on excitel but i can check it out no problems.

PM'd you. And I thought you were on Siti Cable. Oh well, there is Excitel available in my area too. If this shit doesn't get resolved, I'm not renewing my SitiCable connection. Be damned the 50mbps connection when I can't do shite with it.

Anyone else here using Siti Cable who can help verify whether I am the only one facing this issue or is Siti Cable blocking content?

Back