Slow broadband for the last few days in Pune/Maharashtra?

• Thread starter Thread starter cranil7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,242

cranil7

ISP
BSNL DataOne
I have been experiencing slow broadband for last few days. (about four days now.) I am on 900 UL Plus plan. I checked with customer care and they told, there is some issue and should get resolved by tomorrow. (I don't know when their tomorrow will come!!!)Has anybody else noticed/experienced this?

Some occasional drops in speed, but mostly its normal. customer care always give the same answer for all calls even if you call them at random times with a random issue, their standard answer is what you got :)

It is noticebaly slow. When I called them yesterday, they asked to change ip to 192.168.1.2 and change in dns servers. I did not any chane. Today when I called, they are saying, problem is througout the maharashtra.Does anybody know what this ip range is? 192.168.1.2--???H/ow does it affect the the setup?

No problems for me. But I just did read in today's times of india paper that some road digging by PCMC has exposed/broken phone lines and caused outage in Bhosari/Chinchwad/Yerwada areas...but you are facing partial slowdown not full outage

They seem to be taking you for a ride by asking you to change DNS to 192.168.1.2 (which generaly is your own computer's IP) try using some other DNS source, like OPen DNS or one one of these 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.3, 4.2.2.4, 4.2.2.5.
:)

It is noticebaly slow. When I called them yesterday, they asked to change ip to 192.168.1.2 and change in dns servers. I did not any chane. Today when I called, they are saying, problem is througout the maharashtra.

Does anybody know what this ip range is? 192.168.1.2--???H/ow does it affect the the setup?

Mac,They did not ask me to change DNS server to 192.168.1.2. They asked me to CHANGE ip to 192.168.1.2 (Earlier I was using 192.168.1.3)What I want to know is will it matter to use a different ip? Generally their setup is as followsip - 192.168.1.3Gateway - 192.168.1.1Now gateway can certainly not be changed. BUT what about ips?? 192.168.1.2---up to what ip range?It is till SLOW. The damm shoucast radio is not smooth enough. it used to be fast enough....There is certainly a problem..but don;t know what!!!

ISP: sify
i am not sure if others noticed your ISP & gave replies accordingly as i am under impression that this section only deals with bsnl broadband problems.

IToday when I called, they are saying, problem is througout the maharashtra.

Contact Raj Thackeray and tell him that Marathi Manus is facing problems. I am sure his army of goons will help you out.

Cranil the range is from 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254
and it doesn't make any difference to change ones IP.
The speeds are just transfered from the router to your computer.
:)

Mac,

They did not ask me to change DNS server to 192.168.1.2. They asked me to CHANGE ip to 192.168.1.2 (Earlier I was using 192.168.1.3)

What I want to know is will it matter to use a different ip? Generally their setup is as follows
ip - 192.168.1.3
Gateway - 192.168.1.1
Now gateway can certainly not be changed. BUT what about ips?? 192.168.1.2---up to what ip range?

It is till SLOW. The damm shoucast radio is not smooth enough. it used to be fast enough....
There is certainly a problem..but don;t know what!!!

Back