Slow internet speed

ISP
Bsnl
I have BSNL 10mbps plan till 4Gb After 2Mbps but iam not getting 2mbps speed before and after limit.
Office persons saying everything is ok at exchange end.
Below are my parameters
ADSL MODE: ADSL2+
Channel Mode: Interleave
Down stream :2047, UP steam :861 SNR Down steam:42.3, SNR UP steam :14.7,
attenunation down:17,UP:8.

The ADSL link speed of your connection for downstream is set as 2Mbps (2047Kbps) at the exchange, so you would be getting only up to 2Mbps. Contact your exchange and ask them to increase the link speed to at least 12Mbps to get up to 10Mbps throughput. The maximum link speed and the actual throughput also depends on the line quality.

@Gokul Kannan hello can you tell me that by setting 12mb profile I can get 10 mbps on my side because I have my local nib email I’d and they are pretty active currently I am entitled to 10 mb profile so I get max 8.2 mbps download also I have written them too regarding this but they said that on changing 12mb I may get 6mbps because it’s not in my plan my plan is 599 one same as above.

@supukabi Line speed does not depend on your plan. Line speed is the maximum speed your modem can communicate with DSLAM at the exchange.
ADSL2+ theoretically supports up to 24Mbps. It is always better to have a higher line speed than your plan speed.
I am not sure whether you would get exactly 10Mbps by setting 12Mbps line speed as it depends on cable quality and distance from the exchange. but I guess it will get closer to 10Mbps.

@Gokul Kannan so how can I convince nib to change the profile also my parameters are really good as I am very near to the exchange so I think I will get 10 mbps. So what shall I do convince jto or nib.

@supukabi Try raising an issue in the self-care portal or contact NIB or JTO and inform that your current line speed is set less than the plan speed and ask them to set it higher.

@Gokul Kannan actually I am on 599 10mbps plan an currently my profile is set to 10mb so what shall I tell them because previously I tried but they have giving irrelevant excuses.

Back