Slow MTNL Broadband speed- 1 Mbps plan Rs 999

• Thread starter Thread starter desiboy25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 9,052
you should get ~100kbps download speed in ur case. 90~95kbps is fine m8.check whether ur background programs ( anti-viruses (auto update features),virus,updating/upgrading softwares/ browser/news/malware etc) is not eating up bandwidth.in case of youtube video for me it's also buffer a bit (512kbps 599UI plan ~ 50-60kbps) it depends on network traffic n ur youtube settings for video quality setting (HD/normal) like 720p/480/360p select the lowest for better result.as of the speed test ur old 1 might not be capped 1's as they filter the speed after some days(some ppls are luck as they get 2mbps speed for few days).

Early mornings I get good speeds.Right now I am getting 0.95 Mbps download speed and 0.20 Mbps Upload speed,Below is my speed test link

https://www.speedtest.net/result/881211162.png

But after 12 pm the speed test results show my speeds as 0.24 Mbps.So in my case speeds are reducing after 12 pm daily

yeh show him the broadband images not our Forum or he will ban this site from our ISP (MTNL backroom) ahahahah :)

Same issues. Also, is there a way to RESET the modem back to the 2240 kbps Line Down rate? Get a new modem or reset settings on this on? Speeds pathetic, Ping is pathetic. What the hell have they been doing suddenly last few weeks?Add to this: - Frequent disconnections - like the good ole DIALUP days.. Fme. - On watching the modem constantly in a tab as I worked online.. ADSL link down, Authentication failure, all sorts of isses.. Also when Modem shows everything in SUMMARY to be OK.. at that time no pages will open... until I restart the damn thing.. Then it works for a bit .. 5 mins later.. ADSL link down..

^ I have exactly the same issue. Using Unlimited DSL Combo 495 and I off and on get the rated speed of 320 kbps. One day I was observing my graph in uTorrents and found that the speed used to drop to 0 after almost exactly 5 minutes use. Then turn off/on the modem and it would download for another 5 minute interval before going to zero again. Calls to 1504 result in being told to call 198.Two calls to 198 have only resulted in issue of docket numbers.

^ I have exactly the same issue. Using Unlimited DSL Combo 495 and I off and on get the rated speed of 320 kbps. One day I was observing my graph in uTorrents and found that the speed used to drop to 0 after almost exactly 5 minutes use. Then turn off/on the modem and it would download for another 5 minute interval before going to zero again. Calls to 1504 result in being told to call 198.
Two calls to 198 have only resulted in issue of docket numbers.

What area are you living in?

I'm having the same problem from the past 3-4 days. My stats are: Downstream Upstream SNR Margin: 41.0 39.5 db Line Attenuation: 6.0 3.6 db Data Rate: 1024 262 kbpsBut in Speedtest.net, my download speed shows 0.36 Mbps or thereabouts. I usually don't have problems with speed so I can't figure out what the problem is. Any solutions I can try?

Back