Slow speed and horrible pings

• Thread starter Thread starter haxilos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,696

haxilos

ISP
BSNL
guys i am getting horrible ping rates everywhere, at speedtest.net mumbai server i get nearly 400ms ping (399ms)and shows my speed at 354kbps, pinging yahoo.co.in gave me 350ms ping. i am also getting horrible speed at link-removed 6 to 15 kBps, the strange thing is the slow speed is associated only with this ping problems. I get 255 kBps with a download accelerator which establishes 5 concurrent connections. Torrent speed also fluctuates heavily based on the location and quantity of seeders.also noticed a funny situation where treewalk bind dns gives me a 100ms rise at all occasions, and opendns reduces it by 100ms.Dont tell me its the cable cut problem, they should have been fixed by now according to bbc news dates. Am I the only one facing this problem or are there members in my band that i dont know of? BTW i have that multiplay ip 117.x.x.x thing and when i try to see my usage in bbservice for the current month it doesnt list any month in its drop down list, not even jan 09.

It happens to me also :( :cry:where 1 month before all online gaming server which i play have ping 200-300after the cable was cut my speed had a huge drop down and ping raised to 800-1200.....two days back while i tested my speed i get 999 ping to mumbai server :Sand i use bsnl 256kbpsULNow day itz back to normal for me :D

Ya I have been facing the same kinda problems since 17th November i think this may be due to underseas cable cut or bsnl has blocked the link-removed i think sooooooooooo................

Today my speed is very good .i m getting 287kb/sec in normal sites and 176kb/sec in link-removed.I m from haryana.How is ur speed??????

i still get goat droppings for speed at link-removed now its 12 to 15 kb/s from link-removed server level3 #3 and teleglobe, hey btw if i didnt mention it i am using free link-removed service and am on bsnl home 1000 plan. Hey max90 are u getting that beauty of a speed on premium account, i cant think you getting that speed on free down, i thought link-removed limited it to 50kbps on free down.

ok max are ya sure thats kilo bytes per second and not bits, cause i mean i get 12 to 15 kiloBYTES/sec(kBps) that would be hmmmm..... let me see...... ok i admit i am not that good at maths and use windows calculator :P , ok its 96 to 120 kilobits/sec (kbps).

The internets was very slow for me for the past 24 hours and most websites were loading intermittently. Things are back to normal now. :)

Back