Slow speed on 1 mbps?

• Thread starter Thread starter PRATIK122
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,666

PRATIK122

ISP
MTNL
Hi guys,I'm using mtnl's 1 mbps Unlimited plan and I'm getting really slow speeds for the past couple of days. What could be wrong?I'm asking here before contacting their support as it is a complete waste of time. Downstream Upstream SNR Margin: 6.0 5.1 db Line Attenuation: 41.5 33.6 db Data Rate: 1159 253 kbps

Do you also face disconnections? SNR below 10 results in DC. You seem to be having line problems as your SNR is very low & attenuation is v high.The tel line should come first to your splitter & the tel instrument should be connected to the splitter.Also dirty/oxidised joints in your tel line can cause drop in snr & increase in attenuationsolution log a complaint with MTNL who will send the linesman to check, who will first check the tel line. You can also ask them to check the line from the exchange.

Hi, thanks for replying! I had disconnected the phone, cuz I don't use it, at all. Connecting it back seemed to solve the problem. Thanks for helping! :happy:

:D Good for you. BTW Had you removed he wire from the tel instrument & left it dangling down? My neighbour had done that & had a lot of problems with his broadband connection till that offending wire was removed. :hysterical: The linesman told me that it was shorting the line hence the problem.

Back