Slow wifi performance with Nokia G2425G-A gpon. Please discuss Airtel routers

• Thread starter Thread starter r19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 38,498
Considering that Airtel follows whatever Jio does, I won’t be surprised if that happens.

And yes, a direct wired connection is always better.

this shit works best as a modem. i disabled wireless on mine and use a better router.

I got my connection today (same ONT), working great so far!
Wish me luck :)
1603123691519.webp

I am facing the exact same problem as the OP. It appears that Nokia has dumped a large pile of their Chinese routers designed for 30 and 40 Mbps internet connection and Airtel seems to be distributing it to people taking connections of higher speeds. They should prepare themselves with requisite instruments before dumping it away. This excuse that on "2G" network, you won't get more than 50 Mbps is no answer. Whenever a user subscribes for 1Gbps connection, 350 comes from the 2.4 Ghz band and 650 from the 5 Ghz band. This is to ensure that the bandwidth is not over consumed by a device that has put something on download disrupting internet for other users who are streaming or gaming. I was hitherto using Excitel broadband connection and the top speed never crossed 65-70 Mbps on LAN nor through a router. The ISP never provided a router and I was using my own TP-Link TLMR3020 router and it was able to give me 65 Mbps speed. The top speed on the router is 150 Mbps. With this same Nokia model posted by the OP, I am not able to get beyond 40 Mbps on my laptop which doesn't support 5 Ghz. While on my tablet and phone both of which can detect the 5Ghz channel, I get the same 40 Mbps. When I contacted Airtel tech support, they claim that on the 2.4 Ghz channel you can't get good speeds. Well if they are offering 1 Gbps speeds, shouldn't the router be capable of transmitting 350 Mbps on 2.4 channel and 650 Mbps on the other channel? When I look at the link speed on network connections, I can see only 54 Mbps on the 2.4 Ghz channel. If I attach a LAN cable to the laptop directly from the Nokia router, I get the promised 95-98 Mbps speed. So I tried plugging in the TPLink router to the LAN port on the Nokia router and that too couldn't give me more than 50 Mbps speed.

I hope you guys know that 60-65 mbps is easily achievable via n150. Infact i was able to achieve 80mbps upload via my old D-Link n150 wifi usb adapter.

Your client in mobile or tablet must n300 to get full speed. I was able to achieve 120mbps+ speed using n300 via my TP-Link wifi adapter.
Only Apple phone n tablet give n300 wifi capability. Even my Samsung s8 which has 800mbps link speed on ac band connects only 150 via n band. Not sure about newer models.
So difference between 40-45 and 60-65mbps can be put to wireless congestion etc.
Stand next to router and check link speed if you are able to do so. Must be above 144 i think for n300 support.

I did all that. Obviously if one knows about 2.4 Ghz and devices that work only on that mode as against 5 Ghz devices and has researched on top link speed capabilities of their devices would know about signal interruptions. Right adjacent to the router, the speed tops at 45 Mbps max be it on 2.4 or the 5Ghz bands. I even disabled one of the bands under the hope that the router might be distributing speeds between the two channels, but yet nothing! Same result.

better range than jio router for sure but not stable. It needs restart for better performance.

poorly designed, all ports are on the back and with 2 inch wide stand permanently attached to it so you can't hang it on the wall. How could a company like Nokia design something so impractical. even the adapter isn't nokia made. LCO guys didn't give LAN cable in the package

Airtel speeds isn't stable either and fiber lacks the performance it was given few weeks ago.

Is it really a nokia made?

Back