Smart Air QT3

Out of stock.

yeah only the listing went live today. hopefully they would have these stocked before november.

Alright. It is now available to order. Deliveries begin next week. I wanted to get one of these from day one. But now would have to delay because well... Spent too much during this diwali sale lol.

Pricing is also higher than what I was expecting. 2799 and 3059. They also increased prices of their HEPA and Carbon filters in recent months so I guess higher pricing makes sense.

Also QT3 filters are not listed yet so not clear how much they are going to cost. Kind of important coz they are going to be needed to replace quite regularly if you use this device a lot.

Good timing though. November is COMING.

So, I got my unit few days ago. First impression was pretty sad. Build quality is flimsy. Fan looks like a cheap PC unit instead of a custom design. Could not see any branding on the fan so probably a cheap unbranded unit. Could have used something from Cooler Master or even Noctua but I guess that would have increased costing. Filter setup is also sort of a mess because there is nothing to keep it fixed at the front. Twitter support said to use tape if it is becoming a problem. They have enough space to put locking systems, but they are relying on foam around the HEPA filter to keep it fixed in front. It works at the bottom. But the top bit keeps slanting back. Fan gets noisy at speed 3. 1 and 2 are quite manageable.

jhW3R4p.webp

BUT. My main purpose was to use it in the car, and it works great for that. I fixed it on the seat with seatbelt lol and it turned out to be a stable fix. I used it for around 2-3 hours today while on a trip to Delhi and back. And in car, noise was not an issue. Air is pretty good in NCR these days because of rain so it was hard to see if it was doing anything. But since the product is a simple design and HEPA filter seems like a good quality version… I am sure it would work great for a small space like inside of a hatchback over similar trips during November-December period.

Pretty satisfied with this purchase.

tGQuykY.webp

On the other hand, I would have loved it, if they had made it modular. There is no way I can remove the 2000mah battery they have installed in this. Fan is slightly more accessible but would require dismantling the whole unit to replace it properly. So, this is going to be a use and throw product but should easily last 2-3 years of occasional use I imagine. I wanted to buy the battery less version because I hate the idea of ending up with a unit with a dead battery that has potential to explode. And since I cannot even see the battery, I would not even find out if it has inflated. Ended up getting the travel version because it’s just handy to not keep it powered constantly with the car charger in car.

Last edited:
Filters are now in stock. Expensive at 500 per unit. They had told me that they expect it to cost 500-600 for two pieces.

Back