Smartphone Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,742
I have a neighbor who works in some Sales company. He once mentioned he can arrange latest Smartphones with discounts up to 20-30% from his sources.
When I asked how prices are low, he said shop owners themselves open phone boxes and activate mobiles and show those sales figures to their brand partners (like Samsung, Apple, etc.). Based on their targets, and phones sold (activated in this manner) they get bonus from brands. Later they pack those phones again and sell at slight lesser prices.
Usually people purchasing these phones don't face any issues except for Warranty period because these phones are never used. Above tweet seems to make people aware of this practice. Although many people are still willing to buy such phones!

I guess price in exchange of warranty. Even some influencers have put video where they were suggesting to ask showrooms for display piece etc for a lower price , saying even though warranty is lesser, you can get a good bargain price

I have lots of questions.
I have last used Poco F1, which died a few months ago. I bought it in 2019 and used it moderately.
I am left without a phone and to be honest I dont really miss the need of having a phone as I almost never go outside the house. I am always using my macbook or iPad for casual browsing, streaming and other purpose.
Please give me reasons to have a Phone in 2024(almost).

I have my simcard in mum's phone, so I call Airtel CC using that lol cuz I really dont find any need to call someone.

Where is that Fufaji who'll say- " Pehle shadi karao iski!!!"

If you can afford to spend 1000-1500 get a feature phone from Nokia or any brand you prefer. Just to make calls during emergency, to make your loved ones know that you are alive.

If you can make peace with it, don't go for any dumbphone(aka smartphones) unless you find a reason to live without it.

Back