ding ding ding.

I just fast-forwarded through it and saw a shot (I won't post it here) and that alone told me why this movie tanked. They have dumped the entire source material in a trash can and made a random story with the GI Joe characters. I mean, they specified initially that this is indeed what they are doing. But this movie is so far-fetched and illogical (I read the plot), that nothing will make sense.

Snake Eyes to Baroness: I didn't sign up to work for terrorists.

First 20 minutes of the movie: Snake eyes working for the Yakuzas moving guns.

And that, my friends, is everything you need to know about this fucking movie.

A movie about ninja warriors and clans. As soon as 50 people carrying swords enter the scene to fight, the cameraman is like. Okay bye-bye. Too much violence to capture. Let me focus on 2 guys doing the bare minimum fight.

A-class filmmaking right there. I guess Quentin Tarantino ne bekaar me itni mehnat ki to shoot Kill Bill movies. He could have used this tactic.

The number
of chances they give to Snake Eyes is ridiculous. And SS is only given 1 chance
and then he leaves. 😂

The Writers got confused between Snake eyes and Storm Shadow. They thought Storm Shadow is supposed to be the good guy while Snake eyes is bad, which the movie ended up depicting.

I have a lot of sympathy and respect for Storm Shadow in this movie. I really hope that he kills Snake eyes in the sequel.

Also, GI Joes is a lodu organisation. Why would you offer a chance to a guy who betrayed the biggest warrior clan of Japan multiple times?

And why in the world would Baroness side with a Joe? She didn't even come across as intimidating.

Cobra organisation ko bacha party bana diya hai. GI Joes ko dumb. Warrior clan can forgive an outsider but not one of their own. And let's have few anaconda snakes to solve issues when sword fighting becomes too much.

Did they even consult a stuntman or a sword-fighting expert? Or they just went along with whatever they thought would look okay?

Back