So Many Problems with MTNL

• Thread starter Thread starter sthaks
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,008

sthaks

ISP
MTNL
I am having so many problems with MTNL and need someone's advice on what to do> 1. Frequent Disconnections: Constantly have to keep switching my meodem on and off2. Recently i checked my online billing and it was 590MB downloaded for 7 days.: This is impossible as I've been using IOL as well since MTNL is so unrelaible and ahve barely even used MTNL in the last 5 days3. Have written several complaint letters to MTNL about disconnections no response. Pl help with point 2 and point 1 in that order. Thanks ST

Call the local lineman and get the line fixed..Disconnections occur due to Line problems.check the splitter too.As far as my experience with MTNL goes they don't show any discrepancy in counting MB's.

Yes, MTNL is pretty consistent with bandwidth usage. Check if any spyware/trojan is constantly sending data from your computer. See how fast the ADSL light flickers when your internet connection is (supposedly) idle according to you. If it flickers a lot, then probably some software you are unaware of is sending data. Software and sites such as Google Talk's voice feature, Youtube (its derivatives :P) etc hog bandwidth too. Try to recall what did you use internet for.

hey since you use IOL can you do me a little favour by Pinging this IP for a game..58.27.200.114..i am on MTNL and am getting miserable PING of over 500..please if you can post your ping..ill see if it IOL is the way to go:redface:

how do you ping and what do you want to know? i have a 256k connection only with IOLST

Go to RUN, type "command" without quotes it will take you to dos prompt..type "ping www.indiabroadbandforum.co" without quotes.U can ping any website.

how do you ping and what do you want to know? i have a 256k connection only with IOL

ST

i just want to know what time you get to that server.Follow what motorazer said and then type "ping 58.27.200.114 -t"

The time that you get in ms is what i need to know..

Thanks

Back