Software Update

• Thread starter Thread starter sidhant92
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 8,377

sidhant92

ISP
Airtel
I have a Tata Sky HD and I have the old software. I want to update the software and I tried the manual method by pressing back twice and pressing 2465 but the STB just restarts and no update takes place. Someone also said that using the new software they could not get dolby out. Is that true? And how do I update the software???Thanks

New software is available Today. STB will automatically download the software. Graphics is awesome. My Tata Sky HD showing Tata Sky Plus HD. I don't know How??

i cant get the new software update. Someone please help me..

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

and in system setting it says Software Download:Idle

Even my software is not getting updated. I tried to do it manually pressing back back 2465. But nothing happens. I am taken to channel 100.

Switch off the Set top box for 5 minutes and switch it on.It normally works for me :)

No still now update takes place. I just takes me to channel 100.

Well if anyone wanna download the software manually can try dis:

When ur stb is on, close it from the mains without switching off from remote.
After some time switch on stb from mains and when 'please wait initializing' comes on screen, press back button twice and then press 2465. Software will start downloading.

Note- Only latest software available over the air released by tata sky will b downloaded and do not try this many times as it will damage software downloader.

I tried the manual method but it just shows setting up your STB for 2 seconds and takes me to channel no. 100

I tried the manual method but it just shows setting up your STB for 2 seconds and takes me to channel no. 100

It is working frnd.Just unlpug the STB from mains 1st den when 'please wait initializing' comes on screen, press back button twice and then press 2465. Software will start downloading.

U need to press the back button twice fastly den 2465. See the pic it works:

Back