Solved: Split AC 1.5 ton | Voltas

ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
My Sharp inverter AC has a bad leak in the cooling coil. So it's time to get a new one. Many users have mentioned that Voltas is a good buy considering the 5 years warranty. Kindly suggest some models?

Solution

Looks like they have changed the extended warranty thing. Now you need to pay 2990 for it, however you get 10 services as well (I think?) so still a good deal

my parents have used Samsung, LG, Daikin, Sharp, Hitachi split acs at different points of time. None of them lasted more than 4-5 years. I guess it might be area specific as well since the issue almost always was gas leakage

Voltas and Carrier have both worked fine
Happens with all the brands. Even the first included service is a formality.

Upvote 0
I’ve to shift this split AC to some other location (4kms). Any idea if I should let the packers and movers uninstall it or should I ask Voltas to do the uninstallation and install it as it’s under warranty (they might create an issue during claims if I do the uninstallation outside)?

Upvote 0
Another issue with split AC is refrigerant leak when dismantling.

Upvote 0
Booked an uninstallation request and the technician made it clear that if any leak or any other issues happens during the uninstallation and installation, it is covered under the warranty as it would be counted as their own fault.

Upvote 0
Is the Voltas Extended Warranty Plan still applicable? Don't see any mention about it on the official website. Or is this some special offer by Tata Cliq? Also the repairs are done by Voltas guys or third party?

Upvote 0
My parents last bought a Voltas AC around 9 months ago and the installer told them to purchase the AMC by end of 2022 latest since it would be discontinued after that. Probably it's costing them a lot so they discontinued it.

Upvote 0

Back