some sites not loading with either firefox or internet explorer!

liverpool79

ISP
Airtel
hello,since 2 days i have noticed that if i try to open some sites either do not load at all or some partially open ,while some sites like google,yahoomail,gmail load normally.i am using firefox 3.0.11 ,i also tried with internet explorer but same thing happens.i even had problem registering with your site ,it was partially loading ,it took me more than 7 tries to register .im using kaspersky internet security(kis) 2009 , i tried to open the kaspersky forum site,but its not opening at all, just keeps loading,similarly with other sites .also when i tried to update kaspersky it starts downloading files but then it shows "Network operation timeout expired " ,then selects another update source,starts downloading some files but again shows "Network operation timeout expired " ,so the update fails. i dont know if the browser problem and anti virus update problem r connected .this has never happened before.i ran a complete scan with Malewarebytes Anti- Malware & kaspersky ,,but it found nothing.

someone told me to try 2 things - 1.Safe Mode with Networking. .tried it but same problem.

2.flushing dns

start - run - cmd - ipconfig/flushdns (enter)

i did this and got the following msg- could not flush the DNS Resolver Cache :Function failed during execution

also i opened my hosts file found this -

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC ,it showed this-

127.0.0.1 localhost

210.210.19.82 Largest Online Shopping mall in India, Buy and Send Gifts to India

i was also advised -

Open hosts file again, and delete this line:
210.210.19.82 Largest Online Shopping mall in India, Buy and Send Gifts to India
Go File>Save
Restart computer.

what exactly should be in my hosts file? i dont know much about these kind of things ,so could anyone help me out

another conficker case? search about how to find and fix the problem...

BTW, sify mall totally sucks, avoid it :)

----------

Lots of complaints of scams, problems with buying, no refunds, credit card fraud etc...

another conficker case? search about how to find and fix the problem...

BTW, sify mall totally sucks, avoid it :)

----------

Lots of complaints of scams, problems with buying, no refunds, credit card fraud etc...

ok, i called my ISP (SIFY) and spoke with customercare. i have a broadband client which i have to log into if i want to use the net. they told me to right click on my broadbang client> preferences>PC guard - it shows a list of Blocked Ports and Released Ports , all the ports were in the blocked list, so they told me to check all the blocked ports and then press release. these ports were both TCP and UDP ports, around 18 ports. after restart all web browsing and sites r working fine till now ,so i guess it was these blocked ports that were the cause of the problem. i hope everything works fine now. so if anyone has a similar problem ,u might want to check and see whether any of ur ports r blocked.

Back