• Thread starter Thread starter yogi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,025

yogi

no fate but what we make
ISP
pacenet
Couldnt log in since 4 am today morning. The router log kept saying, username/passwd incorrect. Finally, was able to connect now at 9:15 am. Tried checking my account page on the mtnl site, it says,"INTERNAL SERVER ERROR : An Unknown Error has occurred in server. Please contact your system administrator."Has anyone faced this before?Is it possible that someone else is using my account, maybe at the telephone exchange? I did not change the initial password ie. the CA number. Should I change it?

i am able to login .. but sites were opening very slow yesterday... but right now all is back to normal.

@yogi: It happens sometimes when there's some problem at MTNL's side (at the exchange).Don't worry nobody can use your account on a telephone line which is not yours (maybe exchange people can but they have there own connection right?)

(maybe exchange people can but they have there own connection right?)

I did check the stats in the newly created account - it was activated the day I had called and placed the order for the connection. But the connection was set up at my home two weeks later. And guess what? - the stats showed heavy usage on my account before I started using it. The usage was in the late evening and at night.

Now what does that tell us? someone at the exchange uses the new connections before they actually get activated at the customer's place? ;)

i am able to login .. but sites were opening very slow yesterday... but right now all is back to normal.

Same happened to me yesterday & day before. Seems ok as of now.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I did check the stats in the newly created account - it was activated the day I had called and placed the order for the connection. But the connection was set up at my home two weeks later. And guess what? - the stats showed heavy usage on my account before I started using it. The usage was in the late evening and at night.

Now what does that tell us? someone at the exchange uses the new connections before they actually get activated at the customer's place? ;)

When I subscribed in 2005 the activation was done on a Monday when I had given my application on the previous Friday :) but I was told only after 26 days (that too because I went to the exchange) :( But in the last 2.5 years their metering is all BULL that is why I shifted to the UL plan for some peace of mind even though the DSL 598 with 2.5GB/month & 'upto 2 mbps' suited me (used from 2005-2010) :)

Back