Sony Digital Camera service center in delhi ncr region?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 8,171

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
My Sony DSC-R1 has somehow managed to get some dirt on the inside of the viewfinder. It is causing no problems in the overall operations but it is very annoying. I am very sensitive to such glitches in shit i own. So, I need a way to get it cleaned up. The problem is that I live in India. And well I am not sure how good the service centers of Sony are when it comes to digital cameras and shit. I have managed to find a comprehensive list of service centers one of which is even located in Gurgaon. I would call the ones in Gurgaon and Delhi tomorrow to see if they can help me out. Any ideas from you guys? Has anyone managed to get a relatively higher end model repair/serviced in a service station in india? without getting it all messed up?

Nowadays whenever I avail service even from a reputed company, I have a chill going down my spine when I think how badly these servicemen will handle my product. I have had instances when I have took care of my product like a delicate darling and one service and kaboom! the product looks so worn out and it makes me develop an affinity towards it.

right. i hated the way HTC guys handled my friend's smartphone (under warranty).

that mobile is simple machinery. the camera i am talking about is complicated piece of shite.

Sushubh buddy, do yourself a big favor and dont give your delicate possessions to service centres, instead try to do the cleaning yourself if possible by getting a camera cleaning kit available.Is that your camera? if yes, it is a beauty and looks superbly maintained... Please dont develop an affinity towards it like me.. Hrmphh I gave my camera for service once and now whenever I looked at it I felt as if I was looking at someone's camera and eventually I sold it.. You could take a risk and try some expensive third party service centres...

well the problem is that the dirt is inside the optical viewfinder. it is non user removable component.

i cannot detach it myself and clean it!

i guess i would check out the service center and ask if they can do it without damaging the camera itself. :P

any doubts, i would move away.

anyways, i have little hope. i would however still make some calls and see what my options are.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

the photo above is a stock photo from dpreview. my camera has a lot of dirt accumlated on it due to mmm rough usage over the years. i guess i made a mistake by not keeping it clean around the edges and some dirt managed to enter the empty spaces and attached itself to the backside of the viewfinder. sucks.

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

almost everyone seems to be suggesting to either ignore it or sell it to someone who does not mind the dust.

i am unlikely to get a good deal out of this as it is an ancient model and well is not worth as much as it paid for it.

anyways. i would see what i can do. maybe i would get used to the dirt patch :(

---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

it was my first expensive purchase made with my own money. i have very fond memories attached to this camera. it literally slashes my heart thinking about selling it to someone.

Hmm yeah.. I am also a man of such thoughts and sentiments and I know how it hurts but.. eventually we need to move on in case of some events like oldage or as technology moves on ehh...

hehe.

well if it had stopped working, it might have been a better situation to be in.

currently, it is working just fine. i took some great photos using it on my trip to VD (just arrived back earlier today). :D

was uploading the pictures to flickr and well felling in love with this beast all over again. :D

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

hehe.

Indeed the clarity is awesome :) Hold on to the beast tight before it begins to bite. LOL

the camera started malfunctioning a couple of days ago. i sent a mail to Sony. got a list of 2 service centers in gurgaon that might be able to help me out. did not get a chance to visit them yet. i got a call today from the sony guys. they told me that the service station list given to me are of service stations that are capable of handling dslrs so they should be able to help me out. very assuring. but i have my doubts. i really need to take time out to visit their service station.

I was worried about flickers and other frequency troubles faced by 3D TVs. I will surely opt for a flicker free 3D TV. Please suggest some 3D TVs.

Back