Sony ESPN - ESPN back in India with Sony

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
MSM & ESPN collaborate to launch sports channels in India; Sony Kix rebranded
Disney's sports broadcaster ESPN, which exited the Indian market in 2012, is yet again eyeing the lucrative market here albeit with a different joint venture partner.

After dissolving its 50:50 joint venture with Star India in 2012, ESPN has now joined hands with Multi Screen Media (MSM). The two companies have entered into a long-term agreement in India and the Indian subcontinent.
As a part of this deal, MSM’s sports channel Sony Kix will be rebranded as Sony ESPN. The two companies will also launch other new channels in the coming months. Along with Sony Six, all the channels will deliver a powerful sports lineup to sports fans.

Would be a good move. Been disliking star India lately especially after getting broadcasting rights from BCCI.

^^^ Why? What is issue with TEN?
I think now we have 4 Sports broadcasters in India - STAR, Sony, TEN and NEO.
Excepts NEO, other 3 have some good content in Cricket, Football, Tennis, F1 to get advertisers. I am wondering how NEO is surviving.

^^^ Why? What is issue with TEN?
I think now we have 4 Sports broadcasters in India - STAR, Sony, TEN and NEO.
Excepts NEO, other 3 have some good content in Cricket, Football, Tennis, F1 to get advertisers. I am wondering how NEO is surviving.
TEN is now showing what STAR wont show or isnt that much interested in.With Sony ESPN TEN will have a serious contender who has very deep pockets.I believe in coming years Sony will most likely acquire most cricket rights that TEN has except Pakistan.They may also try to takeaway the CL rights.

Back