Sony Xperia Z

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 107
  • Views Views 12,047
Does not augur well for Sony

dupree said:
What about after sale service?Can anyone using Sony devices tell me about their after sales.
Sony's after sales service is not bad but the biggest hurdle is to get an appointment for the local Sony service center. Sony has a crappy customer service system wherein you cannot go to the Sony service center in your city without taking a prior appointment from the Sony customer service no. The number is terrible when I tried last year and I could not reach an executive for taking an appointment even after trying intermittently for nearly a month. I called up the Sony local service center but they said the company policy did not allow them to even do paid customer and fix up the mobile phone unless an appointment is taken over the phone from the central Sony customer service no. After trying for nearly a month I finally left the Sony Ericsson phone to rot. I am not sure how the customer service is now or if their company policy has changed regarding customer service but you can try that no. to check and probably take a false appointment just to test out if it is fixed or not.

here is gurgaon, the same shop handles both Sony and htc support. though i cannot confirm if they require appointments for sony repairs.

almost a month ago there was this story/rumor going on FB.a guy bought new xperia z.he was so excited about owning it ,he slept with it.in the morning when he got up,he was searching for the phone turning shets up and down and in the process the phone fell down right on its corner edge.he posted the photo of the broken casing with a serious crack developed at the age.
He quickly went to Sony dealer to show it.He thought since it is a tough phone it shouldnt have cracked and now they should repace the casing for free.But the dealers told the replacement will cost him 18K which shocked him.He asked them for another option and then the guys asked him to wait.
Next day they called him to inform that they cannot replace the casing and he had to buy a new phone.They were ready to give him 20% off for his old piece in exchange.
I do not know how true this was but the photos seemed genuine.I forgot to divert that share to IBF that time,it was an interesting read.Any IBFers read about this???

good?i think its kiddish.you need to respect your electronic devices..i hate some people who bury their tabs and e book readers under pillow like book after they sleep.

Back