South Gold Sports pack has no english new channels

• Thread starter Thread starter vsriram
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,221

vsriram

ISP
Airtel
I was planning to order the South Gold Sports pack for 232. I called up CC and they tell him there are no english new channels with it. I dont understand why they omit common news channel like NDTV, IBN for these basic packs. The next pack is Rs. 292Also D2H has no HD STB at all. I would have to shell out 4000/- for a DVR. This sucks!!!

I was planning to order the South Gold Sports pack for 232. I called up CC and they tell him there are no english new channels with it. I dont understand why they omit common news channel like NDTV, IBN for these basic packs. The next pack is Rs. 292

Also D2H has no HD STB at all. I would have to shell out 4000/- for a DVR. This sucks!!!

D2h already announced a 3D HD box without DVR function in 2490 INR....

Is it a 3D box or a 3D HD Box that is equivalent to normal HD STB.Also, can it be connected to normal CRT TV's with component input like Normal STB.

Is it a 3D box or a 3D HD Box that is equivalent to normal HD STB.
Also, can it be connected to normal CRT TV's with component input like Normal STB.

Its a 3D HD box......

Also, can it be connected to normal CRT TV's with component input like Normal STB.

Yes, u should be able to. Because even in HD DVR, they give a regular A/V cable - the Yellow+Red+White combo.....

And regular CRTs have that input option.

Btw, i am curious to know that why do u want to spend on an HD, if u want to watch it on CRT?? Ur SD connection shud be looking great on even a 29" screen.....i have seen that at 1 of my relative's place.

Thats because i also have a HDMI Monitor.What about no English news channels for South Gold Pack. I compared it with Airtel and i find Airtel packages are much better. You get somethingof everything (NEW, sports, Regional, Movies...) I am having second thoughts on this now

I just had a call with the CC, I told her i want to opt of South Diamond package, She told me thatafter 3 months of free Diamond package for 1690/- If i opt for an annual package of 3200/- for 11 monthsI get 1 month free. So 3200 for 12 months = 266/- Per Month. All these include taxes. Now, if i opt for monthly package then i have to pay 292 per month. I wanted to know if this is true. That is they dont charge taxes if i opt for Annual pakage. and charge taxes for monthly packages. Now this makes D2H more attractive to me. Can anyone find out from Videocon Online Team if this is true.If so, I want to subscribe right away.!!!! Also, I was told they dont have the 2D STB product right now. Its just DVR. Can anyone find out

The package that u have heard is genuine & proper. That is their standard policy - if u pay for 11 months, u get 1 month subscription free.....
So u pay 11 & get 12 - any package that u buy - be it New Gold, or be it Platinum HD.......

As regards the regular STB, it should be available i suppose. U dont call up CC. U contact Vineet, "Videocon D2h Online Team" over here......let me give u the contact details of him & his office:

https://broadband.forum/videocon-d2h-dth/64897-quit-tata-sky-and-plan/3/#post444219

Its a Mumbai based number, but they do control deliveries in Major cities & i think Bengaluru is in that list. U contact on that email or that number once, they will tell u whether there is availability or not.

If u were in Mumbai, there wasnt a need for that too - i have my SD box lying here with me......i m hunting for someone, who can take it!!

I meant 3D HD STB is not available right now, They have regular STB.Sorry about my typo. The only HD STB is DVR which i dont need. I just need a regular HD STB. I have sent Vineet a email. Lets see what he says... Thank you.

Back